Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by McTaggart34 View Post
    Bump for answer .. I wanna know too
    Oh yeah
    I found out why.
    Once you do the install, you'll see why this was necessary.
    The H1 bulb itself is really small, with no 'base' or 'seat.
    The stock halogen H1 bulb that comes with these projectors have a separate piece which is the seat.
    So the H1 bulb plugs into the 'seat' and the 'seat' is held down by the clip/headlight assembly.

This DIY, shows a way to make it work without the seat, meaning the H1 HID bulbs.
    Because the HID bulbs are hard wired with a harness/pigtail design, you can not take the stock h1 bulb seat, and use it with the HID's
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

ahh I see .. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJamesYu View Post
    Oh yeah
    I found out why.
    Once you do the install, you'll see why this was necessary.
    The H1 bulb itself is really small, with no 'base' or 'seat.
    The stock halogen H1 bulb that comes with these projectors have a separate piece which is the seat.
    So the H1 bulb plugs into the 'seat' and the 'seat' is held down by the clip/headlight assembly.

This DIY, shows a way to make it work without the seat, meaning the H1 HID bulbs.
    Because the HID bulbs are hard wired with a harness/pigtail design, you can not take the stock h1 bulb seat, and use it with the HID's
    Can you post some pictures of the cut off with the hid's in?

thinking i NEED to buy so of these lights hahah

Quote Originally Posted by McTaggart34 View Post
    ahh I see .. thanks

Can you post some pictures of the cut off with the hid's in?

thinking i NEED to buy so of these lights hahah
    I'll try to do that tonight. I need to adjust them first.
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

is step 12 (the part about plugging the postive and negative into the depo low beam plug, is that necessary if you have a 04-05? i knw tht that the 02-03 have the high and lowbeam as one bulb whcih is y im asking. and needing a H1 replacement bulb, does that go for 02-05? ill be installng my depos and hid's tmrw so i wanna make sure i knw all the issues im ganna run into before i get to them :)

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andieldiablo View Post
    is step 12 (the part about plugging the postive and negative into the depo low beam plug, is that necessary if you have a 04-05? i knw tht that the 02-03 have the high and lowbeam as one bulb whcih is y im asking. and needing a H1 replacement bulb, does that go for 02-05? ill be installng my depos and hid's tmrw so i wanna make sure i knw all the issues im ganna run into before i get to them :)
    You won't need to do the positive plugging because that's just how we separate out our high and low positives from one female H4 socket into two bulbs. Your Depos should come with the connector that turns your low beam into an H1, and your high beam will remain unchanged. Yes, that means you'll need an H1 bulb for your low beam.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Sorry for the bump, but it's better than starting a new thread. Did everyone who installed HID's in their projectors have a sh*ttier cutoff even after adjusting them? I know about the TSX retrofit but my passenger side is like way high even after setting it low. Makes me want to go back to halogens.
    P.S. Can you guys post pics of your cutoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by theMan_ny View Post
    Sorry for the bump, but it's better than starting a new thread. Did everyone who installed HID's in their projectors have a sh*ttier cutoff even after adjusting them? I know about the TSX retrofit but my passenger side is like way high even after setting it low. Makes me want to go back to halogens.
    P.S. Can you guys post pics of your cutoffs?
    Its not your cuttoff its how your bulb is sitting in the socket. with your lights on wiggle the bulb up and down and you will see what i mean.

Depo HID H1

right, so depos come with h1's but 04-05 ep3 take 9006/hb4 lo, 9005/hb3 hi. Will the 9006 fit in the depo's projectors? I thought they were identical to 04-05?

Edit: So 9006 LED will not fit in the DEPO housing, the projector housing will need to be drilled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information