Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Nice, good info man!
    The lash is definitely OK, and the chain should be good to run for quite a while. (Just replaced the cams a few months back due to galling, swapped the TCT for an A2 unit while I was in there. Checked out the chain and it was good to go.)
    And I've got a set of low mileage OEM injectors in the parts bin, figure I'll just get those cleaned and swap them in. Unless, of course, the 310s are a better bet. I thought the OEM injectors were OK for a reflash, as far as load/duty cycle goes. The 310s just a bit of over-engineering/peace of mind, basically? Or is there an actual performance gain (minimal, I know :D) to be had with the beefier injectors?

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    There is no need to go into insults. We are here to share a common interest, meet new friends, and enjoy our Ep3s.
    I'm just joking guys...geez. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Don't worry, polorob smog his ep3 with the reflash and he passed. his mods were injen cai, stock cat, comptech shorty header and a customed exhaust
    Yea I passed smog with comp tech header comp tech exhaust , and intake and rbc manifold and reflash .... Just make sure your car is really warm when you bring it in drive for about 20-30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by BeaterEP View Post
    Nice, good info man!
    The lash is definitely OK, and the chain should be good to run for quite a while. (Just replaced the cams a few months back due to galling, swapped the TCT for an A2 unit while I was in there. Checked out the chain and it was good to go.)
    And I've got a set of low mileage OEM injectors in the parts bin, figure I'll just get those cleaned and swap them in. Unless, of course, the 310s are a better bet. I thought the OEM injectors were OK for a reflash, as far as load/duty cycle goes. The 310s just a bit of over-engineering/peace of mind, basically? Or is there an actual performance gain (minimal, I know :D) to be had with the beefier injectors?
    I was wondering the same thing about the injectors???
    BeaterEP you sound exactly like me man. I just had my second son and I know that formula and diapers come before car parts. I have basically the same plan as you. Install my dcrh, eventually get reflash, and run the a3 till it wont run anymore. I think the reflash is a good investment for all of us guys who cant justify to straight drop a grand on full kpro.
    Last edited by mp_02si; 09-03-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    The two biggest performance "kick in the pants" parts for a NA K20a3 are a 5.062 FD & reflash. Then if/as money allows, add any RH, any exhaust and gut your stock airbox. You'd be surprised at how fast that combo is....

This is akilbrid. Before he sold his car, it had a K20a3, full bolt ons, and a ITR tranny with a 5.062 FD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ivwz...el_video_title

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    The two biggest performance "kick in the pants" parts for a NA K20a3 are a 5.062 FD & reflash. Then if/as money allows, add any RH, any exhaust and gut your stock airbox. You'd be surprised at how fast that combo is....

This is akilbrid. Before he sold his car, it had a K20a3, full bolt ons, and a ITR tranny with a 5.062 FD.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ivwz...el_video_title
    noob here but...how much does it cost to change out the final drive on stock a3?
    i hate how high rpms are on the highway

but im in the same boat...i cant afford to swap engine/tranny or do kpro

so i gutted my airbox and im putting on a new midpipe to my stock exhaust
    im just gonna drive my a3 till it dies

on a better note. i just got a bcss =D
    greatest mod ever

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NEO_FOLLOWER2 View Post
    noob here but...how much does it cost to change out the final drive on stock a3?
    i hate how high rpms are on the highway

but im in the same boat...i cant afford to swap engine/tranny or do kpro

so i gutted my airbox and im putting on a new midpipe to my stock exhaust
    im just gonna drive my a3 till it dies

on a better note. i just got a bcss =D
    greatest mod ever
    If you removed the transmission yourself and took it to a shop, to have them install it, it wouldn't be so bad. Otherwise, you're looking at a pricey installation. I'd guess over $300, but under $500 for the labor (that being based on labor rates in my region).

Wow...I'd say that vid pretty much speaks for itself.
    So much for a simple bolt-on/reflash not doing a whole lot for the A3...I know MY A3 can't hit 110 that fast!

Nice!

mp_02s1; nice to hear I'm not the only one in this boat! :D
    Picking up an ITR header next weekend while I'm in San Antonio, looking forward to it. Should be a little extra breathing room, without having to worry about emissions. (One of the few counties in Texas that runs emissions tests FTL)

i thought of getting reflash but i ended up saving money for kpro. Kpro more fun and you dont have to spend 1,000$. just buy it used and im pretty sure you will find one for around 800$

Yeah maybe so, but still more than twice what I'm looking to spend :D (for now, that is)

Old thread but beater i'm in your shoes. 203k with bolt ons. But even adding a reflash i dont think it will be enough for me. Friend of mine has a k20z3 with 6spd lsd, low miles. I know the swap isnt going to be straight forward but its available and the price is right. that way i'll make the most bang for my buck. i would love to just buy a k20a setup with harness and ecu and just drop that in but i'm not rich, and my family must come first as well. Any who i've run 91/93 octane since ive bought the car, from what i've been told these two mixtures do not contain ethanol which fucks up most engines. The ethanol attracts too much moisture. And I have not seen any ill effect from running the higher octane fuel. Good luck with your endeavor let us know how it works out. I'm thinking of adding my air box back and gutting it, i've heard the gains are far better than running a short ram intake that i'm using now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information