Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    The word JDM alone is not cheap lol. You don't want to get weathertechs?

I would just wait till someone sells their JDM ones then if you really wanna get those cuz thats about $180-$200 a pair.
    Originally I did but I want ones that don't go in the window track so they look more aggressive . No what I'm sayin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the JDM goes in the window track plus some screws... Not sure though but the thing with the other ones is that 3M tape, not permanent but it will leave a mark.

Jdm goes into weatherstripping. I've had weathertechs and jdm and prefer jdm

So are you saying weathertechs and JDMs go in the same place? I have a bit of misunderstanding. I would pick JDM ones since they look pretty sick but the price is way up there for someone like me right now.

Dumb question: This is just to quiet down the cabin when the window is cracked while moving?

Nah, the jdm go UNDER the weather stripping and weathertechs actually go in to the same slot as your window. Which is good for function because its a solid seal to keep water out with the Windows cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledouble View Post
    Dumb question: This is just to quiet down the cabin when the window is cracked while moving?
    And can have the window open a crack in the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for bringing an old thread back, but don't want to start another for a simple related question. For those of you with weather tech, are they almost see through or are they fairly tinted? I have seen really light ones before and I was turned off. I would really like to get these as weather tech is a quality brand, but I would like to come close to matching the tint on my ep (35% up front).

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacksond View Post
    I apologize for bringing an old thread back, but don't want to start another for a simple related question. For those of you with weather tech, are they almost see through or are they fairly tinted? I have seen really light ones before and I was turned off. I would really like to get these as weather tech is a quality brand, but I would like to come close to matching the tint on my ep (35% up front).
    I felt the same way about the light color. So what I did was I bought them and then I used tail light tint spray paint to darken them. Worked great.

Just so ppl know. The JDM ones stick on the outside ofthe weather stripping, onto the door frame. There are 3-5 little metal tabs that go under the door frame, between the stripping and door frame, which are screwed into the inside of the visor.

IMHO, if you care about the styling, JDM visors are the way to go. They look WAAAYYYY better than weathertechs or anyother.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information