Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

someone please help me out

so heres the problem, today when i was driven my car it wanted to shut off everytime i went up a hill.
    so i took the fuel pump assembly apart and found that it was the plastic fuel line going to the pump, it was cracked so i replaced the plastic line with a regular fuel line and now my car like doesnt pick up at all now, it hits full boost but the car just doesnt wanna go with it if you kno what i mean...does this have anything to do with the fuel line? bc it drove and pulled fine yesterday...hope someone can help me out :(

ephatch member
    do you have lean cut enabled? I would datalog and make sure nothing serious is going on

it also doesnt wanna start up right away it will sit there and crank for a min then start on the second try

it ran fine yesterday before that line cracked and i put a new fuel line on it and now it runs weird

In for details if you find out what it is. Mine car is doing the same thing. I also replaced the fuel line in the tank, and no luck. Is the car running fine at part throttle and weird at full throttle? Good luck to you sir.

exactly what its doin like it pulls till bout 6psi and then keeps rising to 13psi but stops pulling, heres another thing im wondering i put a walbro in my car yesterday and tried to start it and it wouldnt start due to something wrong with the pump it was a buddies and it was free so i figured id try it, could plugging the walbro in and tryin to start the motor cause the ecu to mess something up? should i reflash it with my tune?

Did you use compressed air to flush out the fuel line from the rail under the hood back to the pump? It could be possible some pieces of the deteriorated fuel line got pushed into the fuel hardline and/or the rail itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Did you use compressed air to flush out the fuel line from the rail under the hood back to the pump? It could be possible some pieces of the deteriorated fuel line got pushed into the fuel hardline and/or the rail itself.
    nah it was one of the plastic lines and it just had a small slit down the side making it leak between the plastic fitting on the pump assembly the hole line was there

im still thinking its because i hooked up that walbro and then tried to start the car, im hoping in the morning when i reflash my tune it will run right

possibly needs new spark plugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishops223 View Post
    im still thinking its because i hooked up that walbro and then tried to start the car, im hoping in the morning when i reflash my tune it will run right
    Thats funny. That's exactly what happened to me. I installed a walbro (brand new) and it started doing it a couple weeks later. Changed back to stock fuel pump, changed spark plugs, changed primary o2 sensor, no luck for me still.

The other thing my car does is, when I exit a freeway or any kind of long sweeping turn that I can take kind of fast, my car jerks very hard. This only happens when I am at a quarter tank or lower. I know it has to be a fuel issue. I just don't know what. My guess is the fuel pressure regulator in the assembly in the tank. Shot in the dark I guess!

alright so ive replace spark plugs, added fuel injector cleaner, and a full tank of gas and still nothing, the car doesnt wanna start up and when it finally does it runs alright but when hitting boost it doesnt pull just drives like a normal car..its really starting to piss me off its like its not allowing the extra fuel through

Have you checked the injectors and rail for trash yet?

yea it runs and idles fine but u have to hard start it to get it to even run it just cranks over forever then finally starts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information