Close

Boost calculator

Here's an excel spreadsheet for helping you calculate boost numbers and target hp numbers, and gives you additional info so you can plot points on a compressor map. it starts out with the Boost 101 tutorial numbers as an example.

If you don't know a variable to input in the green areas, then leave it alone, it will work fine. you SHOULD know your altitude if you live anywhere near mountains, as most of us probably live around sea level I left it at 0.

This tool is just to help estimate numbers, it's not EXACTLY right, but its pretty close. I put in my numbers and got what i dyno'd a couple weeks ago.

Excel copy:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7386olo7d3vpam7
    Open Office copy:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rhxndgkos8fnchi
    Last edited by AKEP; 09-17-2011 at 04:53 PM.

Hey AKEP, this file isn't compatible with Excel as it needs to be in a .xls format. Is there any way you can use your copy of Open Office to save the file as a .xls?
    Thanks

EDIT: I used Googledocs to convert it. :-p
    Last edited by Twisted-X; 09-17-2011 at 03:00 PM.

i figured since i saved it as open source from excel, you would think excel would be able to read it.. did u try to open from within excel?

I'm using an ancient version of Excel (Office2k), thats probably my problem. Works great in Googledocs though! Is there a way to change compression ratio, or is that not a factor?

it's not a factor in the formula's provided from Garrett's Turbo 101 page, I imagine it would make quite a difference...but i'm not too sure about it because i've been plugging in numbers from different setups and it's reproduced the same (or damn near similar) numbers...

or maybe i'm crazy...

Thread Information