Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Budget boost

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandgoldep3 View Post
    lmao! wow
    you wouldn't be laughing your ass off if some guy ran off with 3k of your hard earned cash. that shit is so messed up.

thats ridiculous dude... personally i would put myself onto that case they are creating against him and go out him with my personal lawyer as well.... but back on the topic of this thread ... ive made the decision to go with the emusa turbo kit and see how it goes... worst case scenario imo is the turbo goes and i get it rebuilt to garret specs ... still cheaper lol my only questions is because ill be new to the turbo game is are all the turbo manifolds interchangeable onto this kit? like if i decided at some point to upgrade to a sidewinder or just something with better flow in general would it be interchangeable with the log manifold that comes with the kit and whats mods to the piping would need to be done if so?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    you wouldn't be laughing your ass off if some guy ran off with 3k of your hard earned cash. that shit is so messed up.
    im laughing because it sucks not because its funny...havent you ever heard the expression ya gotta laugh about it or youll end up crying about it

thats ridiculous dude... personally i would put myself onto that case they are creating against him and go out him with my personal lawyer as well.... but back on the topic of this thread ... ive made the decision to go with the emusa turbo kit and see how it goes... worst case scenario imo is the turbo goes and i get it rebuilt to garret specs ... still cheaper lol my only questions is because ill be new to the turbo game is are all the turbo manifolds interchangeable onto this kit? like if i decided at some point to upgrade to a sidewinder or just something with better flow in general would it be interchangeable with the log manifold that comes with the kit and whats mods to the piping would need to be done if so?
    switching from log mani to sidewinder basically requires a whole new kit. new downpipe, dumptube, intercooler piping, etc. plus you have to relocate your stock heater hoses and some other shit. if anything you could upgrade to a rear mount tubular manifold similar to what monjarassi is running. you wouldn't have to do so much tweaking of other shit to fit one of those. and also if you're gonna run a sidewinder it's kinda pointless unless you're gonna run a decent size turbo and swap or whatever. a basic t3 log mani will get you to 300hp and beyond usually, you just have to have the engine/turbo/downpipe/etc to make the power. the manifold should really be one of the last upgrades and only done when you plan on going past 350ish

switching from log mani to sidewinder basically requires a whole new kit. new downpipe, dumptube, intercooler piping, etc. plus you have to relocate your stock heater hoses and some other shit. if anything you could upgrade to a rear mount tubular manifold similar to what monjarassi is running. you wouldn't have to do so much tweaking of other shit to fit one of those. and also if you're gonna run a sidewinder it's kinda pointless unless you're gonna run a decent size turbo and swap or whatever. a basic t3 log mani will get you to 300hp and beyond usually, you just have to have the engine/turbo/downpipe/etc to make the power. the manifold should really be one of the last upgrades and only done when you plan on going past 350ish
    that was actually really helpful info thanks man
    +
    a crown royal bag as a shift boot... classic!!! lol

that was actually really helpful info thanks man
    +
    a crown royal bag as a shift boot... classic!!! lol
    no problem. i'm sure some of the legit turbo guys can add onto that as well, just going off of what i've seen really haha

Damn, I had heard about that with peakboost but forgotten about it. That would suck. But anyways, I also had a question back on the topic. When I get my turbo kit I will have to take off my skunk2 race header, :-( it's a bad ass header, and either put my stock cat back on or install a high flow cat, or put in a test pipe. I've never used a test pipe before but does it have the O2 sensor ports on it or how does that work. I need to keep my CEL off so I can pass inspection but wasn't sure how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Damn, I had heard about that with peakboost but forgotten about it. That would suck. But anyways, I also had a question back on the topic. When I get my turbo kit I will have to take off my skunk2 race header, :-( it's a bad ass header, and either put my stock cat back on or install a high flow cat, or put in a test pipe. I've never used a test pipe before but does it have the O2 sensor ports on it or how does that work. I need to keep my CEL off so I can pass inspection but wasn't sure how this works.
    it has 02 ports, but you'll need a defouler to keep your cel from coming on.

it has 02 ports, but you'll need a defouler to keep your cel from coming on.
    Yea, I have a defouler but I wasn't sure if it had the ports on it

This is why I was saying before to just get nice parts from the start so you don't end up spending money on two setups in the end. Believe me, I know how bad it sucks to wait but it's worth it. Do some research and keep an eye out for good deals. They are out there, just have to keep a close eye on the for sale forums.

just go with ctd's mani. build THAT kit.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    just go with ctd's mani. build THAT kit.
    What do you mean?

Pick 2 out of 3.

Quality
    Low Cost
    Speed

you cant have all 3 ... Low cost and speed doesnt get you quality...speed and quality doesnt get you low cost

but you can eventually have all 3..if you have the money.
    be jealous :P

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information