Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 4 Lugs guys: Anyone running 17x7.5 wheels? Need help: Info Inside

If so could you post picutres of them along with brand/model of the wheel and what tire size you run?

I'm looking to upgrade up from my 17x7s to 17x7.5s so I can run 235/40/17s on all 4 corners and I'm having a hard time finding wheels in this size that don't look retarded. I don't want black wheels. I'd prefer gunmetal, bronze, silver, or polished with 5-10 spokes (for the 8-10 spoke type wheels I'm thinking of wheels that look close to the Volk CE28Ns) and for 5 spoke really as long as they look nice I'm down.

I know I should switch to 5 lug but I'm already 11K in to my K24 frank, RSX JRSC, Aftercooler setup, and more so doing the 5 lug setup then buying a new set of wheel is out of the question if I can avoid it. If I can run some Dunlop Drizzea Star Specs in 235/40/17 on all 4 corners I'll be happy!

Once my car is running I'll be diving straight in to the suspension. First I'll do the A-Spec suspension, Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit, PCI Spherical LCA bushings, Hotchkis Camber Plates, EM2 front sway (needed for K24 head clearance), rear Progress 22m Sway bar with Tie Rod, and the Wilwood Dynalite Front BBK.

The suspension setup will be done before I upgrade to the HR 74mm TB, custom 4 inch CAI, Hytech Header, and have my 3 inch exhaust redone so I can up the boost to 15psi and get it re-tuned. Also while I'm doing the suspension I will add a return line for the fuel system with a HR fuel rail and MAYBE an oil cooler setup.

The transmission is under way and will be an EP3 trans with a 4.3 FD, TSX 6th gear, Mfactory/Wavetrac/Quaife LSD, and Syncrotechs 1-5 CF lined syncros. I also will have the MTEC springs installed, a BCSS, shifter bushings, and the shifter cable bushings (HR) so I hope the tranny feels and shifts much better than before using the Neuspeed adapter + shifter base bushings.

If anyone has some nice wheel suggestions with pictures of them on an EP3 I would be very grateful because your helping me hook up in 2nd gear I hope!! I didn't mean to make this a semi-progress report on my build but I wanted to let the people who read this thread know what I'm working with and why I'd like to run wider tires.

THANKS!!!

welcome.

wheel/tire thread.

or the search feature.

CCW if u runnin that kind of money...

im on rota sdx 17x7.5 +45 with 215/45/17. good luck

charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    im on rota sdx 17x7.5 +45 with 215/45/17. good luck

Very nice!! Any reason for going for 215s vs 225 or 235s?

Car looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by heyvortek View Post
    CCW if u runnin that kind of money...
    hahaha I'd love to but I'm waiting on buying a baller set of wheels for my FD (Volk CE28N in Magnesium Blue)

I'm really just looking for a nice mid range set of wheels since this car is my DD and I don't want to have an expensive set of wheels that I could curb etc. Just a nice mid range set so if I curb one or something happens I can just buy another wheel no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    welcome.

wheel/tire thread.

or the search feature.
    Search feature on this forum sucks compared to every other forum and I'm not sorting through millions of pages just to find a specific wheel size + lug pattern. It's easier just to ask.

At least I'm not posting the SC section about the "Supercharger Chip" on ebay

I'm running a 17x7.5 +35
    Miro wheels, BBS LM style/rep.
    215/45/17 tires.
    WTS: 17" beater wheels 4 lug, Dell Studio 1555 Laptop, Volvo Lip, Nikon mount lenses, BuddyClub wing, and more. PM me.
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...110#post935110

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    Very nice!! Any reason for going for 215s vs 225 or 235s?

Car looks good!
    a couple of reason for me. fatter tires and i would probably have to roll my fenders, they are a bit cheaper, and i dont really drive my car that crazy so the 215s are enough for me
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

17x7.5 plus 42 volk ce28 in mag blue. 215/45/17. Reason I'm running these tires because they were the suggested tire size. Slightly rub on the rear on hard bumps. Fenders are rolled. I was planning to run 225/45/17 but I decided not to at the end because I knew they weren't going to fit unless I rolled the fender some more. Didn't want to run camber just to clear everything.
    Last edited by Distance; 09-23-2011 at 12:07 AM.

235/40/17, 17x7.5 +45, HFP drop.

\/ do you rub? Im thinking beefy sidewalls.. but the 40 series look quite small! Looks like your good!

my 16x8' 225's are sooo close to rubing on the inside on the lower control unit...whatever its called
    Last edited by 03civicdopejmd; 09-23-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Driver side rear

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    235/40/17, 17x7.5 +45, HFP drop.
    What brand/model are the wheels? Looks good! I'll have the A-Spec kit so i'll have a similar setup. I'll also be rolling my fenders.

Distance, I'm in love with your wheels! Same wheels I will run on my FD (its montego blue). Beautiful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information