Close

Transmission noises? HELP

So my car has done this since I got it but never thought anything about it until it started getting worse.

So I'll be driving along and come to a stop light or sign or whatever and pop the car into neutral and brake but when I am coasting to a stop I can hear a sort of "knocking" noise, like 2 things hitting together or something. It isn't very loud but it is noticeable outside of the car. Any idea what it could be? Could also be described as a "clanking" of some sort?

Also, my clutch pedal squeaks really badly, does it just need to be greased up?

I think ephatch found a solution for the squeaking, i don't have that problem myself tho.

my car started "knocking" in the transmission after i rebuilt it, probably for tolerances being too tight. i don't feel like pulling it apart anymore.

get the fluids flushed out for some new good stuff, don't put motor oil in it though. real MTF for/from honda.

Well, I guess I'll be doing that soon then... More money to be put into it. I love my ep to death but I wouldn't mind having a TSX at all.

Thread Information