Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

gonna bite the bullet and take a loan

so i think im gonna finally jump in balls deep and finally just take out a loan to turbo my car lol everytime i try and save for it something comes up and the money goes elsewhere, so finally after 3 years of owning ep3 i think its time to just buck up take a loan and get it done... i need opinions and recommendations on what setup i should run with...looking to take out a 3g loan so i figured to start id go with a k24a4 with the emusa turbo kit (or a used kit of comparable price from here) and obviously kpro and tune... i think 3g's should cover that ... thought? and any left over money would be used upgrading the turbo kit such as a hks bov and tial wg

p.s. - lol @ the bank giving me money to turbo my car

Just take out a 5k loan and do it once do it right!

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    Just take out a 5k loan and do it once do it right!
    i know ive considered this as well, but theres a big difference between a 3g loan and 5g loan it adds like an extra 2 years onto the payback lol thats 4 years of paying off a turbo kit lol

Quote Originally Posted by blueandgoldep3 View Post
    i know ive considered this as well, but theres a big difference between a 3g loan and 5g loan it adds like an extra 2 years onto the payback lol thats 4 years of paying off a turbo kit lol

Most people will say not to get he loan period. Just a heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    Most people will say not to get he loan period. Just a heads up.
    yea, idk i have great credit lol so taking loans isnt a really and issue or a problem, its just for me its easier to make a payment every month than it is to put money away , i know that prolly sound stupid but its just me lol im an impulse buyer

i had a friend like that. he had all this money for no reason, was forced to use it for something, then took out a personal loan just to do it.

if you have a stable cash flow, do it. its your credit.

however, do it right, dont put an emusa kit on loan. buy ctd's or a full race or something. and get a good motor, not an a4...get something strong.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    i had a friend like that. he had all this money for no reason, was forced to use it for something, then took out a personal loan just to do it.

if you have a stable cash flow, do it. its your credit.

however, do it right, dont put an emusa kit on loan. buy ctd's or a full race or something. and get a good motor, not an a4...get something strong.
    ok well then lets talk serious business... trying to stay within a 3g budget what would you go with?... ill be doing all the install myself so labor isnt in the equation... and i most likely will be buying a new kpro... so the tune ship i spoke said 1250 for a kpro and tune ...

5k=good kit+good tune
    3k=eh kit with+ok tune

if your credit is so good. do it right the first time. save yourself time, money, and headaches. been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by EP3Casas View Post
    5k=good kit+good tune
    3k=eh kit with+ok tune

if your credit is so good. do it right the first time. save yourself time, money, and headaches. been there done that.
    lol @ your sig

so in your opinion give me your 5k turbo build run down

btw this is still going to be my dd... im not looking for monster power... just looking for a solid reliable 285-300hp

and from what ive read on this site i honestly feel as though i should be able to make that with my a3 which would save money on a swap that i can put towards the kit

gotta pay to play.

but if you insist, 3k limit, if you had only a weekend to do this, you could get all the stuff needed for emusa kit and kpro and a tune.

injectors $350
    emusa kit ($700 for extra parts)
    kpro $1200 now?
    tune $400

so about $2650, still need that exhaust welded up to the down pipe, misc gaskets, hopefully gauges (wideband kit is looking at about $280, boost gauges for about $60-$80.

so there goes 3k.

if you had 4-800 more you could get a k24a1, assuming you had the lift available.
    how many miles do you have on the stock clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    gotta pay to play.

but if you insist, 3k limit, if you had only a weekend to do this, you could get all the stuff needed for emusa kit and kpro and a tune.

injectors $350
    emusa kit ($700 for extra parts)
    kpro $1200 now?
    tune $400

so about $2650, still need that exhaust welded up to the down pipe, misc gaskets, hopefully gauges (wideband kit is looking at about $280, boost gauges for about $60-$80.

so there goes 3k.

if you had 4-800 more you could get a k24a1, assuming you had the lift available.
    how many miles do you have on the stock clutch?
    brand new excedy stage 1 put it in about 2000 miles along with a f1 light weight flywheel , someone on here is selling an emusa kit kpro injectors gauges and a turbo timer for 2k... the emusa kit if for an rsx tho, do u know what would need to be moded to get it to fit? Because all in all he has everything I'm looking to buy

Is your EP paid for...?

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Is your EP paid for...?
    just about, I didn't get a good deal on my car lol I have exactly 5 payments left

Well thats good. At least you know if something happens (like you lose your job for some reason) the car will be paid for and you wont be forced to part it out. With that said... I would wait till your car is paid for, then get a bigger loan to get the good stuff. Youre gonna hate paying monthly for something IF you hate it, and/or end up selling it (EMUSA kit) to get something better. Im not bagging on the kit at all, but if you are gonna lock yourself into a payment plan for something... make it worthwhile. JMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information