Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

quick??(updated with pics/post#28)

All I need is a yes or no, I need an honest answer. All my researching had led to way too many answers.

Do I need rear camber arms to stand my tire back up to zero degrees??? I lowered it last year and have gone through way too many tires and have yet to get an alignment. I'm not sure how much camber I have now but I want it as close to zero to minimize wear.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2003_ep3; 10-07-2011 at 02:18 PM.

I would say yes. When I got an alignment, they couldn't get my camber to the way it should be. It looked liked shit with stock upper camber arms lol. If you're lowered on just springs then you're bound to roll your fenders to get even close to 0 degrees, with the exception that you are not lowered by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    I would say yes. When I got an alignment, they couldn't get my camber to the way it should be. It looked liked shit with stock upper camber arms lol. If you're lowered on just springs then you're bound to roll your fenders to get even close to 0 degrees, with the exception that you are not lowered by a lot.
    lowered on coilovers on 17x7's +36. only lowered to the top of the tire. im not going to that hellaflush crap so if the tire sticks out past the fender thats ok with me. i dont imagine that the the rear camber is much past 1.5, so hopefully they will be able to get it pretty close to zero. cant really afford 4 tires, mounting/balancing, alignment and camber arms:( haha.

I suggest getting the camber kit then, and adjust height to where it won't rub and just get the alignment, some places do toe-only for about $50 but that might be the priciest. Just look around.

But I guess my question is do I HAVE to have them for the alignment? I plan on getting them eventually just can't afford them now

The local firestone does a full alignment for 80 so I don't think that's too bad

They won't be able to adjust the rear if you don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    They won't be able to adjust the rear if you don't have them.
    Uuuugggghhhh, not what I wanted to hear:( but thanks for letting me know

Yes you need a camber kit for the rear to get 0* camber

No, you don't need camber to correct your excessive tire wear. you need an alignment to get your TOE straight. Toe eats tires, not so much camber unless you have fucked up toe angle too.

I ran 80,000 miles on 1.5* rear camber and my tires wear was slightly uneven, but not excessive.

you might have to roll your fenders, its not a hellaflush thing, its a hella functional thing. when you crunch an expensive quarter panel or start slicing up your expensive tires, you'll get the idea.

Also, save and get the firestone lifetime alignment if they offer it. i think its $150 for lifetime alignments.
    Last edited by AKEP; 10-01-2011 at 05:37 PM.

really? $150 for lifetime? i always thought it was for a year

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    Yes you need a camber kit for the rear to get 0* camber

No, you don't need camber to correct your excessive tire wear. you need an alignment to get your TOE straight. Toe eats tires, not so much camber unless you have fucked up toe angle too.

I ran 80,000 miles on 1.5* rear camber and my tires wear was slightly uneven, but not excessive.

you might have to roll your fenders, its not a hellaflush thing, its a hella functional thing. when you crunch an expensive quarter panel or start slicing up your expensive tires, you'll get the idea.

Also, save and get the firestone lifetime alignment if they offer it. i think its $150 for lifetime alignments.
    so they wont even be able to adjust it like .5degrees???:) i just want to get them as close to zero as possible. i just like the look of the tires sticking out past the fenders(maybe its cuz i used to have a mustang and ran really wide tires, lol) but you did bring up a good point, i have seen first hand, while driving, someone just about blow apart a fender flying over some railroad tracks cuz his tires were past his fender and he landed like a flying rally car. lmao. i just dont want to spend another 180$ that i dont have to

Quote Originally Posted by b_ron View Post
    really? $150 for lifetime? i always thought it was for a year
    150$ lifetime in south carolina. im going to try my best to save up for it. i think its more then worth it

Well, seeing as how I will need them to get to around 0*, what brand of camber arms would you guys suggest getting??

SPCs or Ingalls are what most will probably tell you. I got Ingalls myself.

yea either one, I had SPC

Quote Originally Posted by jed_averill View Post
    SPCs or Ingalls are what most will probably tell you. I got Ingalls myself.
    you think this is a good deal???

http://www.corsportusa.com/store/cat...roducts_id=274

I remember I bought them from them for $138, but for the past few months, most of their items have gone up in price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information