Close

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

WHAWHAWHAT?! 04EP3Hatch's Turbo Kit is FINITO! *Build Thread*

Well guys its all said and done! two months after the install with some break in period and thorough check-overs it was ready for a tune! Kind of bummed though because i've been having idle problems for a long time now, and it bit me when i went to the dyno, TPS was reading 69% at an idle so the money i was gonna use for a manual boost controller went to the new TPS and install, but all in all, im super happy with the results for only 9psi of boost! car pulls SOOOO much harder then it did when JRSC, here are the numbers:

i cant wait to go back once i change up a few things like go to all pushlock nylon vacuum hoses for the turbo to wastegate and manifold to BOV, and install one of these:

were gonna crank it up to around 12psi and keep safety a top concern should break the 300whp barrier pretty easy! i have a dyno video being produced and edited by a friend at SAB Productions so keep an eye out! Also got a chance to race my brothers 390whp SRT8, here is the result before the tune:

ANDDD after:

I wish i had a good video of when i was JRSC racing this car, it was bad. the one vid i have i got the jump and he reeled me back in, between 90-130 he put prolly 5 cars on me, i couldnt even see his license plate! and it went from that to this Can't wait to go up 3 more psi and see what she'll do!
    Last edited by 04EP3Hatch; 02-19-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    so you're running this kit on your a3 right?

have a feeling this thread is gonna get very interesting haha

Oh it is you just wait :)

cheers... ull love it once its all said and done

interesting in on this....

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    I wish I had the money for the kit

UPDATE already lol just bought a set of siemensdeka 650cc injectors off a freind :)

in before the "dont waste your money and time on an a3" comments lol i personally say go for it and enjoy

i heard that way to much with all the shit i did with the JRSC, i dont care if its the a3! my motor runs amazing and im not throwing it in the ditch

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Dan remember when ur quote under your username used to read "fuk turbo".. Now look at you.... I say just get the walbro pump. Its like 80 bucks and well worth it. Why risk maxing out the stock one for 80 bucks? Also think about mounts man. All that super tq your gona feel its gona help you out TONS.. and i mean TONS! Keep your meth and run it witth your turbo

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Dan remember when ur quote under your username used to read "fuk turbo".. Now look at you.... I say just get the walbro pump. Its like 80 bucks and well worth it. Why risk maxing out the stock one for 80 bucks? Also think about mounts man. All that super tq your gona feel its gona help you out TONS.. and i mean TONS! Keep your meth and run it witth your turbo
    i probably will just get the walbro, and as for mounts i already have the entire innovative set so im good there, and idk about the meth, i want to but i dont, i just dont want to have to worry about a line failure/pump weakening cause there is no way to tell except for when the engine pops lol
    Last edited by mikebigh; 02-22-2009 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    i probably will just get the walbro, and as for mounts i already have the entire innovative set so im good there, and idk about the meth, i want to but i dont, i just dont want to have to worry about a line failure/pump weakening cause there is no way to tell except for when the engine pops lol
    Not necessarily. U can always have a fuel cut set up just in case the meth fails. U can also just use it for just a safety precation instead of a power adder. If u used it as a power adder u might hit 320 on that thing

Yea that's true I can always use it as a cooler, inject it right before the turbo inlet so it chills the cold side/piping/intercooler etc. And aem does make a flow monitor now that will switch maps if the meth kit fails. Your tuned with yours on the snow performance psi box right? You can start flow at whatever psi and have it max at whatever psi?

I've ridden and helped tune the car that kit was on. It was beastmoding it back in 04 with the A3 and rode even harder with the k24. You will enjoy this kit.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    Yea that's true I can always use it as a cooler, inject it right before the turbo inlet so it chills the cold side/piping/intercooler etc. And aem does make a flow monitor now that will switch maps if the meth kit fails. Your tuned with yours on the snow performance psi box right? You can start flow at whatever psi and have it max at whatever psi?
    I'm not tuned for it. They tuned with it off. Then did one pull with it on and the numbers were the same

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information