Close

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    I aint got nothin to hide lol If i had a video for every time i raced someone i would prolly use up a GB a day haha

It was a convertible... but i dunno about the auto. Dude dipped out after the second run and apparently didnt wanna talk again.

Trust me though... this lil bitch moves out, and the ITR trans makes all the difference in the world. Now if he and i were on an interstate run... he would have killed me after 135 ish. I run outta gear not too long after that. haha Ill have to check to be 100% sure but 80mph in 6th puts me close to 5krpm. I think the 5.01FD would have been a bad choice for me...

EDIT: Keep in mind im on 14's... and you can ask anyone that has ridden with me... i aint no granny shifter. I let the wheels spin goin into 3rd and 4th gears... i aint easy on it.
    Last edited by Ba82Ep3; 10-10-2012 at 03:34 PM.

... back to the whole point of me posting that up... the k24a1 head would help you tremendously. One of the biggest differences between LS2 and LS3 engines are heads that breathe better. Imagine the difference if that was tuned properly... and the numbers werent just over the counter consumer lot numbers.

If i could show you the difference in just tuning needs between a k20a3 and k24a1 head (no other changes)... you could be easily convinced that the head with supporting bolt ons and TB/IM inlet modification are well worth the swap/effort. What im about to tell you i KNOW you will wanna call bullshit on but... ive been tuning on 87 octane with less cam advance than... but slightly more ignition advance than... any Hondata supplied ITR KAL. Im averaging 28mpg... even with the flipped pin VTEC setup. True story...

Keep in mind... i drive this car everyday... and i average 20+ KDL's a week... just like my EP. Its my hobby... and im always effing with it to find ways to make it better.

i need to see some pics of your car man, i really want to see your setup! and i may do an A1 head on the brand new in crate Z3 bottom end i have :)

Brand new z3 bottom end??? Hellz yes!

I wanted to get my hands on some RRC pistons/ringset (86.5os, 11.7cr i believe) but i didnt have the scratch at the time they were available. I know i lost some cr with the larger cc combustion chambers of the k24a1 head... maybe even go with 12.0cr on the z1 block im putting together to net something close to 11.6cr. Time will tell though... this engine is a test mule...

The fuel maps definitely show the added flow of the k24a1 head between 5-7.5krpm. 2.5-4.5krpm have differences as well... but not as prominent. VTEC is set at 4800. I really wanna get the HR TB on there with the RRC IM and open the exhaust up to 2.75 to maintain some backpressure for midrange. But i may just skip to the JRSC and the HR TB combo. I miss that damn JRSC so bad.

For you... i think your current boost would give you more than enough power to rip on pretty much any street car out there. That a3 head/cams are really killing you... not to mention the added weight of the EP.

I had a members ride page here... but i guess i took it down? I dont remember. I still have a thread on k20a.org, and post up on the VTEC killer info thread there as well.

see i dont even really know if i want to get into tearing a motor apart yada yada, thats why i want to just sell the Z3 bottom end and pick up a clean low mileage Z1 and install into my car with my a2 trans and turbo kit on 10psi it'd probably be good at 350-360

well my cc stage 4 lasted about 10,000 miles, fucking great

Great job and pulls hard.

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    well my cc stage 4 lasted about 10,000 miles, fucking great
    Try CM stg4 6 puck. I got 40k (k24/JRSC) out of a CM 4 puck before it (and the flywheel) needed replacement... the 6 puck should do ya better.

I know there are a lot of variables here that would change a street race outcome... but it gives you an idea of what a stock k20 is capable of in the lighter chassis. In a roll race... the slicks are kind of a moot point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzcL2qY9_4

Im tellin ya bro... as much as you dont wanna pull the engine apart... thats whats killin ya. Your tuner seems to be making the best of what youre giving him to work with... BUT think of all that tuning $$$ youve kinda 'wasted' because youre trying to do it with the k20a3. Even if you just swapped the head and port matched everything... the gains would be enough to make you wish you had done it SO long ago.

Swappin in the 11.0 pistons would be even better (you lose come CR with the k24a1 head) and a little more work... but that also depends on how confident you are on your tuners ability. The more compression you add with the same boost... ignition advance really REALLY comes into play and needs to be tuned carefully... IMO at every cam angle before you even try and do a VTC overlay. Very expensive and time consuming... especially if he does the part throttle work like he should.

Incidentally, i finally got to some 93 octane tuning this week... and worked with the knock control logic. The difference is so noticeable. I was in the hospital for the week prior... i missed my car SOO damn much... lol

i need some seat time with knock logic.

i need to get my car streetable again..

Knock logic is a pain on the street. I would kill for a local rentable DynaPack. Its pretty basic though once you understand its purpose. I was getting knock (like 3 per pull), but it wasnt audible. So i turned it off and tuned without it, then came back to it and it was easier to work with. Seemed better as a fine tuning tool (since its real purpose is to adjust for varying quality fuel, and it makes changes slowly). Other than that it just gives you parameters to tune within, and acts as a buffer. If i wanna run 87 octane i turn it on... if i run 93 octane i turn it off. Theres a definite power loss as it will pull an average of 6 degrees of ignition advance (with my tune... will vary) with it on, and with 87 octane. When i run 93 and turn it off... about a quarter tank later the power is back to normal. Thats an oversimplification, but you get the idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Try CM stg4 6 puck. I got 40k (k24/JRSC) out of a CM 4 puck before it (and the flywheel) needed replacement... the 6 puck should do ya better.

I know there are a lot of variables here that would change a street race outcome... but it gives you an idea of what a stock k20 is capable of in the lighter chassis. In a roll race... the slicks are kind of a moot point...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vzcL2qY9_4

Im tellin ya bro... as much as you dont wanna pull the engine apart... thats whats killin ya. Your tuner seems to be making the best of what youre giving him to work with... BUT think of all that tuning $$$ youve kinda 'wasted' because youre trying to do it with the k20a3. Even if you just swapped the head and port matched everything... the gains would be enough to make you wish you had done it SO long ago.

Swappin in the 11.0 pistons would be even better (you lose come CR with the k24a1 head) and a little more work... but that also depends on how confident you are on your tuners ability. The more compression you add with the same boost... ignition advance really REALLY comes into play and needs to be tuned carefully... IMO at every cam angle before you even try and do a VTC overlay. Very expensive and time consuming... especially if he does the part throttle work like he should.

Incidentally, i finally got to some 93 octane tuning this week... and worked with the knock control logic. The difference is so noticeable. I was in the hospital for the week prior... i missed my car SOO damn much... lol
    well i have the sixpuck already and if money wasnt short i wouldnt cheap out but i am just replacing the disc, i dont have any doubt it has a broken spring. and sad to say, if i put any money into an engine, it wont be this one. i mean i love my A3 it has been a great reliable engine so far but when the time comes, a low mileage pick of the litter Z1 will make its way under my hood with my turbo kit on it, on the same boost and everything. Im beginning the laborous job of ripping the trans out tomorrow, i am also replacing the LCA bushings with Poly ones while the beam is out, and the trans is getting all new bearings and seals while she's out

mounted up radials for a run with a mustang gt on 100shot

O shit son TRACTION!! lol

let us know how the race went

ill have a video! but im worried im not gonna win, its an 06' GT with intake, exhaust, and 100 shot. this is a pic of the car:

hes got REAL big radials haha

Post that sh!t nikka!!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread Information