Close

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    i had the cybernation kit. dont get me wrong it made the car fast but with the stock a3 it takes forever to hit full boost

You need to dump the a3 already man, you've punished yourself for too long

Quote Originally Posted by j0000stin View Post
    i had the cybernation kit. dont get me wrong it made the car fast but with the stock a3 it takes forever to hit full boost
    It depends on whether you had the Type S kit (60-1) or the Ep kit (Super 50). The super 50 kits hit full boost very quickly.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

I wanted this kit but I found a greddy kit for cheap. Even tho its smaller, I got it for a steal and it was complete.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I'm not tuned for it. They tuned with it off. Then did one pull with it on and the numbers were the same
    oh damn really? do you know what nozzle your running? and have you ever cleaned it lol

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    You need to dump the a3 already man, you've punished yourself for too long
    helllllllllllllllllllllll no haha i look at it this way, everything im doing is easily transferable to a k24a2 :)

UGHHH i hate waiting for parts!!! im waiting on my belt tensioner, idler setup, RBC, gaskets/bolts to come in from honda, yea i bought it allllllll from myhondapartsstore.com. anyone have experience with the RBC adapter? do you need the throttle body gaskets from an 06 si and the ep3? i ordered both

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    oh damn really? do you know what nozzle your running? and have you ever cleaned it lol
    never cleaned it. and dont know what nozzle.. Im actually going for an oil change there tomorrow. Can find out for you... and find out about a cleaning lol

im all for build threads post pics dude of everything.

UGHHH i hate waiting for parts!!! im waiting on my belt tensioner, idler setup, RBC, gaskets/bolts to come in from honda, yea i bought it allllllll from myhondapartsstore.com. anyone have experience with the RBC adapter? do you need the throttle body gaskets from an 06 si and the ep3? i ordered both
    Yes, you need both gaskets.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    never cleaned it. and dont know what nozzle.. Im actually going for an oil change there tomorrow. Can find out for you... and find out about a cleaning lol
    becuase we tuned mine with it off then turned it on and i lost like 30hp lol dude if did the Kpro activation kit and got a bigger nozzle you could definately pull more ponies out of your unit.. giggidy

Quote Originally Posted by PAPITUYO326 View Post
    Yes, you need both gaskets.
    ordered! :)

Keep running the methanol and go ahead and get tuned for it. Just wire in a switch so you can turn the system on/off.

Also I would recommend that you buy an AEM Inline Methanol Filter. Best place to install it is the line coming out of the meth tank -> aem meth filter -> pump - ETC

Just to be safe fill the system to a third of it capacity, uninstall the nozzle from the pipe, and then activate it with the filter on the nozzle OFF to clean out anything that might be in the system. Then clean the filter for the nozzle and add the AEM meth filter before the pump and after the meth tank.

If you want to be even safer then buy this gauge (http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-...e-1-4-sae-1184) and program it while the nozzle is out of any piping. I will be running this gauge and I already have the AEM Meth Filter. If you clean out your meth system, clean the nozzles filter, install the meth filter, and run that gauge you will be perfectly safe to have the car tuned for meth. Tune it for meth and just run 10lbs.

Also KEEP those cams man! Install them with this turbo setup and then you could just run 8psi and make over 300whp with the meth too of course. AND I do have a PRISTINE 24K original miles complete CRV head I could give you a good deal on ;) Run the CRV head + the cams + revised meth setup = run less boost and make more power.

Then when the time comes when the A3 pops just buy a CRV short block and have it re-ringed (just in case) and be prepared to buy an LSD, the TSX 6th gear set, and the 1-5 set of Syncrotechs fully carbon lined syncros. I'm sticking with the JRSC and I'm doing everything possible to get 370-380whp out of it @ 15psi. Good luck with the switch and I hope some of the advice I've given helps you! Cheers man!!

cant wait for numbers..

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    Keep running the methanol and go ahead and get tuned for it. Just wire in a switch so you can turn the system on/off.

Also I would recommend that you buy an AEM Inline Methanol Filter. Best place to install it is the line coming out of the meth tank -> aem meth filter -> pump - ETC

Just to be safe fill the system to a third of it capacity, uninstall the nozzle from the pipe, and then activate it with the filter on the nozzle OFF to clean out anything that might be in the system. Then clean the filter for the nozzle and add the AEM meth filter before the pump and after the meth tank.

If you want to be even safer then buy this gauge (http://www.aemelectronics.com/water-...e-1-4-sae-1184) and program it while the nozzle is out of any piping. I will be running this gauge and I already have the AEM Meth Filter. If you clean out your meth system, clean the nozzles filter, install the meth filter, and run that gauge you will be perfectly safe to have the car tuned for meth. Tune it for meth and just run 10lbs.

Also KEEP those cams man! Install them with this turbo setup and then you could just run 8psi and make over 300whp with the meth too of course. AND I do have a PRISTINE 24K original miles complete CRV head I could give you a good deal on ;) Run the CRV head + the cams + revised meth setup = run less boost and make more power.

Then when the time comes when the A3 pops just buy a CRV short block and have it re-ringed (just in case) and be prepared to buy an LSD, the TSX 6th gear set, and the 1-5 set of Syncrotechs fully carbon lined syncros. I'm sticking with the JRSC and I'm doing everything possible to get 370-380whp out of it @ 15psi. Good luck with the switch and I hope some of the advice I've given helps you! Cheers man!!
    thats the way i have it now i have it toggled on and off through kpro as nitrous, i think i may keep it but as a safety precaution and not a power adder, i may run a 4gph nozzle into the inlet pipe before the turbo so that everything in the system feels the cooling effects that it produces, i dont want to rely on it as a power adder unless i do direct port cause im not gonna risk leaning a cylinder, and as for the A3, i think im gonna leave it be under the valve cover, i might just do a Z3 upper chain guide and a valve adjustment haha, when/if the a3 shits the bed, im gonna pick me up a low mileage k24a1 and do a vtec killer setup, then its go time!

*UPDATE* - picked up my siemensdeka 650cc injectors today, also my RBC is in and cut, ready to be installed as well as my new belt tensioner/idler setup all new from Honda. Supercharger is coming off tuesday night

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    dont run the meth before the turbo. Run it through the intercooler piping right before the manifold

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information