Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Has anyone used that power manage tool spliced into the ecu injector wires that comes with the jrsc street kit? It sounds like a blind setup without kpro. Just curious if I could go the power manage route while finding a kpro.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnickell View Post
    I really want to learn as I go and get satisfaction that way. Getting more power is just a bonus. A full swap may cost about the same but I can't do that myself and I can't be down my DD for long.

It sounds like I will be starting out with standard boltons while I try to get a fair price on a kpro. I will also need to find a tuner in Columbus since the only one listed in Ohio is 2 hrs away from me.
    Why can't you do a swap yourself? It's probably easier than supercharging is. You realize with a k24a2 and kpro, you should be able to make 220 easy. That's the route I'd go, it's not as big a job as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by rsnickell View Post
    Has anyone used that power manage tool spliced into the ecu injector wires that comes with the jrsc street kit? It sounds like a blind setup without kpro. Just curious if I could go the power manage route while finding a kpro.
    If you're running kpro, you don't need any other electronics to control the engine. Kpro is a full standalone that lets you completely adjust fuel and ignition maps at any load breakpoint and rpm. What you're describing sounds like a piggyback, most tuners won't deal with them, especially since kpro is so readily available and easier to tune, not to mention there's no way to adjust ignition timing.

Quote Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
    If you're running kpro, you don't need any other electronics to control the engine. Kpro is a full standalone that lets you completely adjust fuel and ignition maps at any load breakpoint and rpm. What you're describing sounds like a piggyback, most tuners won't deal with them, especially since kpro is so readily available and easier to tune, not to mention there's no way to adjust ignition timing.
    What I'm referring to does indeed sound like a piggy back. Here's their description:

Fuel Management is provided by Jackson Racing's Powercard with digital tuning technology. This simple but effective plug-and-play system takes full control of the fuel injector only under boost.
    http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=39967

That would imply you "don't" need kpro, but I know everyone suggests kpro first and foremost. I'm just wondering if I can use the Powercard while still hunting down a kpro.

Quote Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
    Why can't you do a swap yourself? It's probably easier than supercharging is. You realize with a k24a2 and kpro, you should be able to make 220 easy. That's the route I'd go, it's not as big a job as you think.
    You think a first time swapper can do it all in under 2 days (a weekend) by himself or with one other neighbor/friend? I know that the kpro would require me to send out my ecu, which I don't have the luxury of doing with this DD. That downtime is why I was looking at the supercharger route as it seemed less difficult and shorter downtime than say a turbo or a full swap.

Quote Originally Posted by willy_akino View Post
    yup a k24a1 tuned has more pull than my a3 jrsc but im not really power hungry, if was i would buy a Evo or Sti

Like me....tehe

Fwiw, I did find a tuner/kpro dealer near Columbus, so that shouldn't be much of an issue for my "downtime" concern. Gonna call them on Monday to find out more about them.

Honestly youre in the right place, and doing the right things. Read as much as you can, ask as many questions as you can, and pop that hood informed.

There are plenty of peeps here that have swapped and boosted (myself included), and most are more than willing to lend a hand or answer a call.

I see no reason it would take 2 people more than 2 days to do a swap, it's all bolt in and plug and play. The only additional parts you need are kpro and a crv mount bracket.

As for kpro, you don't have to wait, just find one used and it plugs right into the harness. There's nothing else to do but get it tuned. If you don't want a used one, pick up another used, unmodified oem k series ecu and send it out so you don't have to modify your own if you're that worried about it.

You can actually run a stock k24a1 on a NON KPro'd ECU with 310 injectors (OEM RSX-S) and NO bolton mods SAFELY... if you want an inexpensive bump in power. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    You can actually run a stock k24a1 on a NON KPro'd ECU with 310 injectors (OEM RSX-S) and NO bolton mods SAFELY... if you want an inexpensive bump in power. ; )
    that's good to know, but it appears the k24a1 only provide more torque with no HP gains from my k20a3.

Oh no. Trust me. Youll have hp gains as well. There is no replacement for displacement! Once you get KPro, start adding bolt ons, and get a tune, youll be at the 200whp mark with more tq than your tires can stand. The TQ for a DD is what makes the k24a1 so great... and it works so well with the longer gears of the k20a3 transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Oh no. Trust me. Youll have hp gains as well. There is no replacement for displacement! Once you get KPro, start adding bolt ons, and get a tune, youll be at the 200whp mark with more tq than your tires can stand. The TQ for a DD is what makes the k24a1 so great... and it works so well with the longer gears of the k20a3 transmission.
    So you're saying that the extra displacement will allow your boltons and tune to increase the base hp from 160 to 200? I thought I might be able to get the k20a3 up to say 180+ using boltons and a proper tune. Seems more attractive that if I'm going to do a swap (and I'm not saying that I am) that I would go for a K20A2 or K24A2. Both start out at the 200 hp mark.

Yes and yes. BUT a k24a1 can be had for FAR less than either of its a2 brethren...

Personally, I'd go for the k24a2.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information