Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    no, honda really fucked us on this transmission. they have a recall for fg/fa transmissions that fix the same part number for 3rd gear but refuse to fix the ep transmission. i ordered the parts myself and replaced it. shifts like butter. also having light flywheel keeps the syncros stress free.
    Well, I believe thats the case but I am just saying in my particular trans, I think that is my issue. I have a stage 4 clutch and I am pretty sure an 8 lb flywheel (original for sale post is gone but its Blown05Si's old car, but no longer supercharged and basically all back to stock except the trans and head). The reason I think MY issue is just not pushing the clutch in enough is because I do it all the time (in all gears) because the pedal is so damn heavy in comparison to what I am used to.

For s&g's, I am going to test this out today and make sure I push the pedal in enough.

Took it to the redline in first into second and second into third, made sure I pushed the pedal to the floor and shifted, smooth as it could be. I shifted very fast, I didn't put any delay in movement between gears. Almost 135k, maybe I'm lucky?

Like Brucie said... its that shift game. A lot of people just dont know how to properly drive a manual. Combine that with the fact a lot of inexperienced kids are in the Honda "game"... and you get a bad rap on a specific trans/engine platform.

You really have to consider the source of the majority of the complaints...

Quote Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
    Well, I believe thats the case but I am just saying in my particular trans, I think that is my issue. I have a stage 4 clutch and I am pretty sure an 8 lb flywheel (original for sale post is gone but its Blown05Si's old car, but no longer supercharged and basically all back to stock except the trans and head). The reason I think MY issue is just not pushing the clutch in enough is because I do it all the time (in all gears) because the pedal is so damn heavy in comparison to what I am used to.

For s&g's, I am going to test this out today and make sure I push the pedal in enough.
    bleed your clutch line if you havent. if the res is dark you should just flush it with some high end brake fluid. that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    bleed your clutch line if you havent. if the res is dark you should just flush it with some high end brake fluid. that should help.
    It looked pretty good last time I checked but it wouldn't hurt. I am just lazy because of a very long commute that requires shifting. I maybe made it sound a little worse than it really is, because I don't grind a ton, but when I do, it's just because of lazy foot work.

yeah, it happens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information