Close

will this make my car a rolling bomb?

i am currently trying to figure out what kind of setup i want to run with nitrous. im all stock and im thinking i want to do a k24a2 head, 150 wet shot, and water meth injection to keep it from grenading. will be tuned on kpro. im wondering if this will work at all and if so, is it gonna be a pain in the ass to tune?

150 shot?! Wowzers. Thats asking a lot of the stock rods. You better be sure the ignition advance is tuned to perfection. If not, have a baseball glove ready to catch falling engine parts out your window...

75 shot all day safe

Ehhh.... That's abit hefty. That sounds like trouble. First question will be is this your daily? Second, will you have the funds for engine swap when it epically fails? You are pushing it far. I would say yes to the pain the ass to tune. You are thinking about doubling the horsepower through a push of a button. I wish everything could be that easy.

ephatch member
    Don't bother with the headswap. I would pick up a cheap a4 or a1, swap in some ARP headstuds and then find yourself a really good tuner. And even then I wouldn't go over 100 shot. Unless you are going to do direct port and two stages.

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger View Post
    Don't bother with the headswap. I would pick up a cheap a4 or a1, swap in some ARP headstuds and then find yourself a really good tuner. And even then I wouldn't go over 100 shot. Unless you are going to do direct port and two stages.
    X5326426342 dont do a head swap on the a3, the block is garbage, the head is restictive but the bad seed is mainly the block.

Quote Originally Posted by makavelibranded View Post
    X5326426342 dont do a head swap on the a3, the block is garbage, the head is restictive but the bad seed is mainly the block.
    I would say the rods and crank are the weak spot. There's nothing wrong with the actual block. Minimal machine work you can have the oil squirters and oil cooler installed.

ok well u guys have successfully steered me back into full on k24 swap mode...haha maybe ill just get an a1 do some bolt ons, kpro and a 50 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    I would say the rods and crank are the weak spot. There's nothing wrong with the actual block. Minimal machine work you can have the oil squirters and oil cooler installed.
    Oil cooler should never be installed on a DD, and the amount of cash to work on the a3 block you could buy a full k24a1.

Thread Information