Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

300 whp possible?

Hey guys, in my long and still continuing search to decide what boost option to go with I'm currently leaning toward a supercharger over turbo just for it's ease of use and install. My main question is tho, can I hit 300 whp with a jrsc and a k20a3? It's a DD and all I want is around 300 to mess around with, also not really looking at doing an engine swap any time soon. So is it possible? Thanks guys

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Nope
    Last edited by talonXracer; 02-27-2009 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Nope
    Hey now it is definately a close possibility, I was at 275, on stock cams. I'd say yes, if you got the blower/inlet/manifold fully ported and ran say 12-14psi with a water methanol setup and a damn good tune, I'd say damn near close, I DD'd mine with 275 no issues, you'd just need a k24 crank pulley and 3.6 blower pulley

Yea another 25whp good luck... that blower is gona spin so fast that motor will go kaboom. Better go to churchs dyno too, then maybe ull hit 300whp lol

Yea another 25whp good luck... that blower is gona spin so fast that motor will go kaboom. Better go to churchs dyno too, then maybe ull hit 300whp lol
    Well even with the k24 cp and 3.6, it's not really close to maxing out what the blower is capable of spinning, although without a cooler of some sort your pretty much asking to melt a piston or something, and yes I think another 25whp is achievable through more blower rpm with sufficient porting, as long as you can keep temps down

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    Well even with the k24 cp and 3.6, it's not really close to maxing out what the blower is capable of spinning, although without a cooler of some sort your pretty much asking to melt a piston or something, and yes I think another 25whp is achievable through more blower rpm with sufficient porting, as long as you can keep temps down
    Ill beleive it when i see it. Remember that dude that tried pushing the JRSC and he had a built a3. still blew that shit lol. And also lets say it is possible to do all this and get a legit 300whp on a accurate dyno. With all the money spent to make it happen u could buy a turbo kit and hit 300whp and be cheaper . but that will prolly blow up too on a a3 lol
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 11-13-2011 at 06:43 PM.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    i say with set of cams and all of the above he can achieve it

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    with all the extra time, money, and parts to make 300 on a jrsc you could just get a good turbo kit and make the same amount of power for less money and effort.

300 is pushing it on an a3 though, if you're gonna run it like that you always have to be prepared for the worst (which in this case would be your entire engine splattered all over the road haha)

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    Hey now it is definately a close possibility, I was at 275, on stock cams. I'd say yes, if you got the blower/inlet/manifold fully ported and ran say 12-14psi with a water methanol setup and a damn good tune, I'd say damn near close, I DD'd mine with 275 no issues, you'd just need a k24 crank pulley and 3.6 blower pulley
    Hell man, I'd be happy with 275. Was it reliable? Could you push it on a Rey basis and it hold up? I have a I/RH/E set up right now and I'm about to get Kpro. I was thinking about doing the jrsc and say some skunk2 stage 2 cams and a tune. Would that put me in the 275 range and it be safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Hell man, I'd be happy with 275. Was it reliable? Could you push it on a Rey basis and it hold up? I have a I/RH/E set up right now and I'm about to get Kpro. I was thinking about doing the jrsc and say some skunk2 stage 2 cams and a tune. Would that put me in the 275 range and it be safe?
    It wont. Your gona need somethig to cool ur temps down to make the power Dan did. We both ran meth and made good number. Ur gona need a meth kit as well .

I agree on everything that is said above. I was planning on going sc too but i went turbo instead because it's CHEAPER and make the same amount of power or even more. I'm dd mines as well and it's not even hard to assemble.

yea, no way you can get 300 whp with a JRSC and a K20A3. Just not going to happen. I'm at 296 with a built K24 and a JRSC. There were a few things I could have done different and gotten over 300 but it would have adversely effected reliability.

If i were possible to get 300 whp with a K20A3 and a JRSC it would not be reliable.

Key to high numbers, go to a place that uses dynojets lmfao

Ill beleive it when i see it. Remember that dude that tried pushing the JRSC and he had a built a3. still blew that shit lol. And also lets say it is possible to do all this and get a legit 300whp on a accurate dyno. With all the money spent to make it happen u could buy a turbo kit and hit 300whp and be cheaper . but that will prolly blow up too on a a3 lol
    Yeah I remember that dude. True story!

You can go vtec killer on a supercharger. If this is your daily then good luck on mpg. Vtec killer will start you at 195 whp then 155. 300 will be more achievable then. A k24a1 head would be a plus with a new head gasket of course. ARP head studs. 300 on m62 charger is asking for a lot on a a3. Turbo would be a cheaper on the install, but it could also be more money in the long run.

It wont. Your gona need somethig to cool ur temps down to make the power Dan did. We both ran meth and made good number. Ur gona need a meth kit as well .
    Would an oil cooler help with this? What is the average whp with a jrsc with mods?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information