Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Would an oil cooler help with this? What is the average whp with a jrsc with mods?
    220-230 on a k20a3 with the street tune. And no meth nor aftercooler. So what kind of mods are you talking about?

Anyone think a jrscR a3 built motor would make 300whp with e85?

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    Anyone think a jrscR a3 built motor would make 300whp with e85?
    With the right exhaust, header, fuel system, pulley, and tune it would be close.

I don't know why you'd build an A3 though. I'd take a stock K24a1 over a built K20a3, FWIW.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    With the right exhaust, header, fuel system, pulley, and tune it would be close.

I don't know why you'd build an A3 though. I'd take a stock K24a1 over a built K20a3, FWIW.
    this is coming from the guy who swears by is 300+hp turbo a3, so if even HE'S telling you to go k24, it's probably a good idea haha

Well let's say built head and cammed jrscr with all the good # making parts, would that hit 300 on e85

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    this is coming from the guy who swears by is 300+hp turbo a3, so if even HE'S telling you to go k24, it's probably a good idea haha
    lol... The a3 is a good motor and can take some abuse and make decent power, but with the prices of k24s as low as they are these days it just makes more sense.

When my motor goes, I'll probably take the turbo off, put a k24a1 in with a JRSC-R on a smaller pulley and a good header and make the same power I'm making now.

Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    Well let's say built head and cammed jrscr with all the good # making parts, would that hit 300 on e85
    It would be right around there. Depends on the car/tune.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Ill beleive it when i see it. Remember that dude that tried pushing the JRSC and he had a built a3. still blew that shit lol. And also lets say it is possible to do all this and get a legit 300whp on a accurate dyno. With all the money spent to make it happen u could buy a turbo kit and hit 300whp and be cheaper . but that will prolly blow up too on a a3 lol
    For some reason....I just really love this post. So much true information.

Ill beleive it when i see it. Remember that dude that tried pushing the JRSC and he had a built a3. still blew that shit lol. And also lets say it is possible to do all this and get a legit 300whp on a accurate dyno. With all the money spent to make it happen u could buy a turbo kit and hit 300whp and be cheaper . but that will prolly blow up too on a a3 lol
    I agree, but there are just so many variables associated with what you are saying here, primarily the tune. We know that motor can handle that kind of power, so why did it blow? Bad tuning? High IAT? I think E85 is a game changer when you're talking about this.

Definitely you are right about the fact that it is much easier and cheaper to make that power through alternative means.

Head swap (k24a1) piston/rocker assy/cam swap (k20a2) JRSC (3.8) new CP (k24z) ported JRSC inlet and TB, your choice of I/H/E. Youll make 275 at 7.5krpm, reliably. No meth.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    I agree, but there are just so many variables associated with what you are saying here, primarily the tune. We know that motor can handle that kind of power, so why did it blow? Bad tuning? High IAT? I think E85 is a game changer when you're talking about this.

Definitely you are right about the fact that it is much easier and cheaper to make that power through alternative means.
    Maybe small rods and tinny valvesprings have a lot to do with it.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    How long has the ep been around for? How many people have a jrsc on their a3 . By now it would've happened

How long has the ep been around for? How many people have a jrsc on their a3 . By now it would've happened
    this guy's logic is foolproof people. k24 or bust(literally)

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    this guy's logic is foolproof people. k24 or bust(literally)
    Haha. I duno if ur making fun of me or not lol. But if its possible please someone do it and shut me up. Grow a money tree, Waste all ur money on a jrsc cams watermeth e85. Heck throw a little shot of nitros while ur at it. Or get a turbo kit get a good tune and hit 300whp on ur a3 and call it a day. Choice is urs. Atleast its been proven that a turbo a3 can hit 300. What happened to miniodessy, he had the milano ep3 revhard kit and he hit 299whp on a a3.
    Last edited by superchargedk20; 11-14-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Haha. I duno if ur making fun of me or not lol. But if its possible please someone do it and shut me up. Grow a money tree, Waste all ur money on a jrsc cams watermeth e85. Heck throw a little shot of nitros while ur at it. Or get a turbo kit get a good tune and hit 300whp on ur a3 and call it a day. Choice is urs. Atleast its been proven that a turbo a3 can hit 300
    definitely not making fun, i totally agree. when you could hit 300 on a lightly used revhard or cybernation kit for less than $3k for everything, what's the point of putting so much work into a jrsc? the potential just isn't really on that level when it comes to that blower on an A3

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    220-230 on a k20a3 with the street tune. And no meth nor aftercooler. So what kind of mods are you talking about?
    Right now I have a Injen SRI (was on the car when I bought it), a skunk2 race header, custom mid pipe with a DC sport single canister on the back end, Hondata IMG, and I'm about to get Kpro in the next month or so. I had planned on switching to a CAI, a Skunk2 mega power R exhaust, and some skunk2 stage 2 or stage 3 cams, with a new tensioner. Idk, I'm still just doing some research on this. I really don't want to do an engine swap right now and was hoping that I would be able to reliably hit around the 300 whp range in the a3.

@gtolio, where can I fine k series engines if I do decide to do a swap? I've looked at places online and everything is like 3-6k and I can't swing that right now just for an engine haha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information