Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Right now I have a Injen SRI (was on the car when I bought it), a skunk2 race header, custom mid pipe with a DC sport single canister on the back end, Hondata IMG, and I'm about to get Kpro in the next month or so. I had planned on switching to a CAI, a Skunk2 mega power R exhaust, and some skunk2 stage 2 or stage 3 cams, with a new tensioner. Idk, I'm still just doing some research on this. I really don't want to do an engine swap right now and was hoping that I would be able to reliably hit around the 300 whp range in the a3.

@gtolio, where can I fine k series engines if I do decide to do a swap? I've looked at places online and everything is like 3-6k and I can't swing that right now just for an engine haha
    www.car-part.com/ or local junkyard.

Anything over stage 1 will need valvetrain upgrade.

Would an oil cooler help with this? What is the average whp with a jrsc with mods?
    No not like oil cooling, like intake air temps, without cooling and spinning the blower enough to make that boost, your intake air temps are going to be around 250 if not higher, you'll need methanol. Oh and I made 260 on 10psi wIth no methanol

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    i wanred to get a supercharger b4 this thread, now im considering turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    No not like oil cooling, like intake air temps, without cooling and spinning the blower enough to make that boost, your intake air temps are going to be around 250 if not higher, you'll need methanol. Oh and I made 260 on 10psi wIth no methanol
    On the a3 cams??

300whp on a k20a3? not going to happen. Majority of the OG's who did go this route killed their motor or saw the light and swapped or turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by purple94coupe View Post
    i wanred to get a supercharger b4 this thread, now im considering turbo?
    Do it! You'll be way happier wit a turbo set up. I seen a couple ppl went from superchargers to turbo cuz they wanted more power.

Save yourself the time, labor, and money and go turbo.

But yea, I also agree wit the swap. The torque numbers on the k24s itself are niceee

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    300whp on a k20a3? not going to happen. Majority of the OG's who did go this route killed their motor or saw the light and swapped or turbo.
    Alright, so would 275 whp be possible with an a3 and a turbo set up?

Yes, fairly easily.

Just remember; Cheap, Reliable, Fast......you can only have two of those at a time, and never all three at once.

Yea you can get 250-275 whp on a greedy kit with bolt on, kpro, and a good tune. Considering greddy's kit is one of the smallest turbos, that's pretty good.
    Last edited by lemonhead228; 11-15-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Right now I have a Injen SRI (was on the car when I bought it), a skunk2 race header, custom mid pipe with a DC sport single canister on the back end, Hondata IMG, and I'm about to get Kpro in the next month or so. I had planned on switching to a CAI, a Skunk2 mega power R exhaust, and some skunk2 stage 2 or stage 3 cams, with a new tensioner. Idk, I'm still just doing some research on this. I really don't want to do an engine swap right now and was hoping that I would be able to reliably hit around the 300 whp range in the a3.

@gtolio, where can I fine k series engines if I do decide to do a swap? I've looked at places online and everything is like 3-6k and I can't swing that right now just for an engine haha
    You just have to look around, deals are out there. I have a friend that works for Honda, so I can get them really cheap there.

PAPITUYO326 sells them on here too at good prices:http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...-Ready-to-Ship!!

As far as the 300whp JRSC A3, I still think it's possible. No one has done it because it's a stupid idea. You'd have to throw everything and the kitchen sink at it to get there (smallest possible pulley, meth, e85, fuel system, nice header, big exhaust, build the head, etc.). I still haven't seen one with E85.

The problem is that you could buy one of the above motors and turbo it for the same price that it would take you to get there and have 500+whp. You could turbo the A3 for that matter and make well over 300 on the right setup.

Ok, so my next question would be is it possible to get 275-300 whp in an a3 period. Whether it be turbo or not and it be reliable without breaking the bank? And also if I do decide on a k24 motor, do I need a different tranny to go with it? Thanks for all the info tho guys

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Ok, so my next question would be is it possible to get 275-300 whp in an a3 period. Whether it be turbo or not and it be reliable without breaking the bank? And also if I do decide on a k24 motor, do I need a different tranny to go with it? Thanks for all the info tho guys
    300 with the right turbo kit is realistic, but your engine's life is shortened SIGNIFICANTLY. and no, you don't need a new tranny or clutch. you will have to swap over your flywheel though. but in order to get a better selection of clutches, it's a good idea to upgrade to the flywheel to the one from the k20a2 (type s clutches aren't compatible with the k20a3's stock fly and there's more options available)

Quote Originally Posted by mitchlikesbikes View Post
    300 with the right turbo kit is realistic, but your engine's life is shortened SIGNIFICANTLY. and no, you don't need a new tranny or clutch. you will have to swap over your flywheel though. but in order to get a better selection of clutches, it's a good idea to upgrade to the flywheel to the one from the k20a2 (type s clutches aren't compatible with the k20a3's stock fly and there's more options available)
    Is there any way to avoid this shortening? And how long would te engine last on average with that? I would be happy with 275, would that make it last longer? As far as the k24 goes, would I just swap in the motor and everything would bolt up except for the flywheel? If so would I need to just upgrade the a3 flywheel with a lighter more durable one or would I need to swap out to a a2 clutch and flywheel? Sorry for all the questions guys, I just figured I would throw it all out there at once haha

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Is there any way to avoid this shortening? And how long would te engine last on average with that? I would be happy with 275, would that make it last longer? As far as the k24 goes, would I just swap in the motor and everything would bolt up except for the flywheel? If so would I need to just upgrade the a3 flywheel with a lighter more durable one or would I need to swap out to a a2 clutch and flywheel? Sorry for all the questions guys, I just figured I would throw it all out there at once haha
    anything past like 250ish is really a gamble. if you have a super good tune and take care of it you improve its chance of survival, but you've always gotta be prepared for the worst.

and i never meant to say that the k20a3 flywheel won't work with a k24, because it will. all k engines and trans accept all k series flywheels and clutches, but not all flywheels accept all clutches. the clutch you buy just needs to be matched up to the flywheel that you have. the only reason to switch flywheels is for more clutch options

Quote Originally Posted by purple94coupe View Post
    i say with set of cams and all of the above he can achieve it
    Forget the meth kit and just run a RSX JRSC setup, aftercooler, 12-14psi, 08-09 Accord CP, Maxbore TB, ported JRSC inlet/blower work, nice RH, RSX Injen CAI, Kpro, 650cc+ Injectors, and have a CRV ready to swap when the A3 pops =P

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information