Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper27 View Post
    Is there any way to avoid this shortening? And how long would te engine last on average with that? I would be happy with 275, would that make it last longer? As far as the k24 goes, would I just swap in the motor and everything would bolt up except for the flywheel? If so would I need to just upgrade the a3 flywheel with a lighter more durable one or would I need to swap out to a a2 clutch and flywheel? Sorry for all the questions guys, I just figured I would throw it all out there at once haha
    The A3 will last as long as you take care of it, don't over rev it, never mis-shift (IE from 5th -> 3rd), and be sure to check everything out every few thousand miles.

The K24A1 (CRV Motor) drops right in and all you need is the K24 side motor mount. Also if swap motors buy a set of Innovative 60A Motor Mounts (good idea no matter what mods you do - stock motor mounts SUCK).

Don't check out and use the A3 Fly setup. Just buy a stock A2 flywheel and have it resurfaced. Also you can prob find a cheap Stage 1 or Stock Type S clutch for cheap that will deal with the power better.

I found my CRV long block with 24-27K (don't remember exactly) for under $800 bucks shipped to my house. I paid about $700 for a nice complete A2 head to mate the CRV block with. Well worth it IMO.

The JRSC setup is great for a DD and you will love the insta-torque (atleast for a Honda anyways ). My car is nearly done! Can't wait to abuse the hell out of it!!
    Last edited by neoamd; 11-27-2011 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Fucking KW24A1, LOL

the only super charger that was able to hit over 300whp easily in an k20a3 was the rotrex supercharger...Remember the former member civichbsi209. He had it and was able to hit close to 400whp on a k20a3 killing corvettes etc. but he had to custom it and cut his hood. Now I don't know if this would be a good thing for DD but his car is a monster and unfortunately if I remember, he parted out his car and sold his ep3 it to his cousin. He sometimes jump in here once in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    the only super charger that was able to hit over 300whp easily in an k20a3 was the rotrex supercharger...Remember the former member civichbsi209. He had it and was able to hit close to 400whp on a k20a3 killing corvettes etc. but he had to custom it and cut his hood. Now I don't know if this would be a good thing for DD but his car is a monster and unfortunately if I remember, he parted out his car and sold his ep3 it to his cousin. He sometimes jump in here once in a long time.
    isnt that the kit that cost like 4k without kpro?

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    pretty sure an aftercooler is impossible to fit in the ep3 body

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post
    The A3 will last as long as you take care of it, don't over rev it, never mis-shift (IE from 5th -> 3rd), and be sure to check everything out every few thousand miles.

The KW24A1 (CRV Motor) drops right in and all you need is the K24 side motor mount. Also if swap motors buy a set of Innovative 60A Motor Mounts (good idea no matter what mods you do - stock motor mounts SUCK).

Don't check out and use the A3 Fly setup. Just buy a stock A2 flywheel and have it resurfaced. Also you can prob find a cheap Stage 1 or Stock Type S clutch for cheap that will deal with the power better.

I found my CRV long block with 24-27K (don't remember exactly) for under $800 bucks shipped to my house. I paid about $700 for a nice complete A2 head to mate the CRV block with. Well worth it IMO.

The JRSC setup is great for a DD and you will love the insta-torque (atleast for a Honda anyways ). My car is nearly done! Can't wait to abuse the hell out of it!!
    Wow, thanks a lot man. So the k24 will fit with everything even my Race header? I had read somewhere that you had to buy a special swap style header to fit since the k24 was larger? Also, so I can get an a2 spec flywheel and it fit with my a3 clutch? Or do I have to get an a2 clutch as well? I was also wondering does the A/C and P/S from the a3 work with the k24?

Wow, thanks a lot man. So the k24 will fit with everything even my Race header? I had read somewhere that you had to buy a special swap style header to fit since the k24 was larger? Also, so I can get an a2 spec flywheel and it fit with my a3 clutch? Or do I have to get an a2 clutch as well? I was also wondering does the A/C and P/S from the a3 work with the k24?
    There's no special header. Depending on the header. Some get lucky, some are running the em2 sway bar on the header clearance.

If you get a a2 flywheel, you'll need a a2 clutch. They have different bolt patterns.

We have eps so our powersteering is not belt driven. Some electric bullshit.

Yes you can use your a/c, just swap it over. It's interchangeable.
    Last edited by ToadSi; 03-02-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: incorrect images loaded

Quote Originally Posted by neoamd View Post

The KW24A1 (CRV Motor) drops right in and all you need is the K24 side motor mount. Also if swap motors buy a set of Innovative 60A Motor Mounts (good idea no matter what mods you do - stock motor mounts SUCK).

Where can I find one of these KW24A1?? Sounds pretty sweet man!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1fasthb View Post
    isnt that the kit that cost like 4k without kpro?
    yeah it is.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    I think he had it on his hood.

Here's a link for it ---> http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...omments/page20

Everything will work the same for the k24a1. That's what so great bout our cars cuz its direct swap wit lil modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    There's no special header. Depending on the header. Some get lucky, some are running the em2 sway bar on the header clearance.

If you get a a2 flywheel, you'll need a a2 clutch. They have different bolt patterns.

We have eps so our powersteering is not belt driven. Some electric bullshit.

Yes you can use your a/c, just swap it over. It's interchangeable.
    Basically if you go a3 flywheel you have to go a3 clutch and visversal for the a2

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post

Incorrect. You just need to run the complete RSX JRSC setup NOT the EP3 version. Trust me I know - plus I have a few extra goodies in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Where can I find one of these KW24A1?? Sounds pretty sweet man!!
    Blah, I was tired man - cut me some slack. My frank is now fully assembled. Tomorrow I will be cleaning it, prepping it, painting it, then clearing it. Also my SC Manifold and A2 Valve Cover will be leaving for powder coating soon along with a few other parts coming and going.

New power goal for me is 350whp minimum and a hopefully closer to ~370whp I'd love to beat on some newer M3s, Camaros, and the non Z06/ZR1 Vettes.

I'll update my mod list in my thread later but I'll let the pictures do the talking
    Last edited by neoamd; 11-27-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information