Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar

Iinfo on Hfp lip kit rubber trim?

So i have an Euro Yellow ep3 and i have the money to order my lip kit from Honda, now as soon as get the parts they are going to paint. Now my question is what color should i buy the lip kit? I know different colors come with different color trim but what willl look best with my color? Also what colors lips come with what color rubber trim? tnx in advance for answers..

are you sure the dealer has the parts in stock? I know the whole kit has been discontinued. I would get the kit in blue because the rubber trim is black which will look better than grey against euro yellow. Yet again blue is the hardest color to get the hfp kit in, good luck

handaaccessories.com still has some of the hfp kit left

I got the front lip from a local dealership in August...

And it's not rubber trim, it's double sided tape to make the lip stay in place.

I can't speak for the front having only the rear on mine but there IS black rubber trim on my NHBP HFP rear lip

Quote Originally Posted by speedooo View Post
    I got the front lip from a local dealership in August...

And it's not rubber trim, it's double sided tape to make the lip stay in place.
    he isn't talking about what holds it on, he is talking about the color of the rubber trim between the lip and bumper

I'm a bit confused but if he is referring to the lining between the lip and bumper it's actually black double sided tape. It comes attached to the edges off the lips and side skirts from the factory.

ok it is not double sided tape, it is flimsy rubber that makes a seal between the hfp kit and bumper. In the picture below, the grey strip in between is rubber as I have been able to peel it off myself and put back on. It is not double sided tape

No. There is double sided tape, yes. But its not the trim that borders the entire edge of the lip.

Quote Originally Posted by OP-AMP View Post
    ok it is not double sided tape, it is flimsy rubber that makes a seal between the hfp kit and bumper. In the picture below, the grey strip in between is rubber as I have been able to peel it off myself and put back on. It is not double sided tape

Yes, there you go

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    So whit has a Grey strip and blue/black has a black strip correct?

That's fine if you want to think that, not my problem if you want to spread false information on here.

I bought brand new oem side skirts and the HFP front lip from Coast Honda in August and installed everything at my friend's shop. The black lining is double sided tape that is applied to the lip and covered with a red covering on the other side. You peel the red covering off of the tape and apply the lip, the tape holds the top ends of the lips and skirts in place, the hardware holds the bottom in place. It's the same concept for the front and rear lips.

Here is a thread from 2004 on Honda-Tech http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=12581428

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    I recently purchased the HFP front lip and sideskirts and I have to say it rocks!

For anyone looking to add a little spice to their EP, let me suggest the HFP outer lip kit..I have been rolling on the kit minus the rear bumper for 3 weeks now and these are my impressions...

1) Being a factory part the fit and finish is first rate! It's nice to have something built and engineered by the same folks who built the car..Everything lines up perfect and installation is very easy! For the front I removed the bumper and used the supplied brackets and 20 minutes later the front was good to go..Same for the sideskirts (identical to ctr) very easy and wonderful clear instructions.

2) Everything is included in the kit..brackets, screws double sided tape etc..Just follow the instructions. If you can put legos together you can install this kit..No need for a body shop which is a plus! ALSO comes PREPAINTED to match your car perfect! Good for you bad for body shop.

3) Made from urethane plastic..say goodbye to cracks unlike fiberglass crap which breaks if you look at it wrong. This kit was designed to last the duration of the car.

4) I said this in 2 but how awsome is it to have a kit exactly prepainted to match your car perfect? Figure this into the cost which turns out to be a pretty good deal!

$300 for front $450 for skirts.

5) Another thing is I hate it when people try to rock the ctr kit on usdm bumpers this kit goes on the usdm bumper giving a car a consistent look, not trying to be something it's not.

6) You don't see these everyday really makes the car standout out brings out the lines of the overall design to make it look crazy.

In conclusion if your looking for something that will make your hatch standout from the crowd, maintain a factory classy look, basically indestrucible, perfect fit, prepainted for a perfect match then look no further than the HFP kit..Pictures coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by speedooo View Post
    That's fine if you want to think that, not my problem if you want to spread false information on here.

I bought brand new oem side skirts and the HFP front lip from Coast Honda in August and installed everything at my friend's shop. The black lining is double sided tape that is applied to the lip and covered with a red covering on the other side. You peel the red covering off of the tape and apply the lip, the tape holds the top ends of the lips and skirts in place, the hardware holds the bottom in place. It's the same concept for the front and rear lips.

Here is a thread from 2004 on Honda-Tech http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=12581428
    Duude no one its denying that there is in fact the double sided tape with the red protective film covering it on the inside of the lip that holds it in place once on the car... BUT it does NOT border the outer edge of the entire lip. That is a small piece of rubber trim to keep sand/dirt/etc from getting between the lip and bumper and harming the paint.
    I bought mine brand new from honda aswell...

Since everyone here, other then you, is NOT confused I suggest you take your attitude and misinformation elsewhere. You're mistaken, now drop it.

I hate people

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    5 posts in and making all SORTS of friends around here. Needless to say the rubber lining that molds against the stock bumper is not tape, but the lip is applied to the bumper using tape. Jesus.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information