Close

Got i-VTEC??

!!!!!!!!Fourth Gear Problem, new transmission!!!

Well I got into my car on Wednesday to drive it the the corner Spectrum when I noticed that MY CAR WON'T GO INTO 4TH GEAR!!! Well, I don't know what the problem is yet but the dealership told me that they would call me when the new transmission got in and was installed and that they would extend the warranty so i guess all i can do is wait and ask them what was wrong and for all the part numbers when they get done for the site.

Jaron

WOW ... Sorry to hear that man, you shoudl gret a rental car in the mean time ... at the least. --good luck wonder what happend -- keep us posted - joe

Got i-VTEC??
    yeah, honda gave me a 2003 chev. s10 fully loaded to drive for a week and they extended the warranty, i just hope that it was something that the manu. did wrong! When I find out the rest, i'll post it ALL.!!

ephatch member
    Originally posted by 2002Si
    yeah, honda gave me a 2003 chev. s10 fully loaded to drive for a week and they extended the warranty, i just hope that it was something that the manu. did wrong! When I find out the rest, i'll post it ALL.!!
    not bad least they gave u a decent rental:)

Got i-VTEC??

It's an A to B til my baby gets home!!

true, true, i'll probably finish the rest of the post next week when they fix it, i'm very insterested to see what happened also!!

Thats cool.....i got a story.........

one of my friend had a acura MDX and he had it sent in for repairs. They gave him a Type S for a rental. He was amazed that they gave him that car and so was I... i was about to brake something on my car and take it to that dealer. He racked up 1000 mile in the first 2 days and by the 5th day the dealer called and asked if he got a Type S for a rental. He said yes and the guy at the dealer asked him to come in IMMEDIATLY. He asked why and the guy said that car belongs to another customer.

Its so fucked up thats its funny. Thank god that not my car! hahahaha

anyways... its just a funny story. :D :D :D

Skidtron89
    Pay the extra money for the 6 speed! Don't mess with that stupid 5 speed when you could be shifting gears in style! 6 of them!

SKIDTRON '02
    Amen.

Got i-VTEC??

Update

Well, i called the honda dealership today and my transmission is on national back order? So now honda has to call and get the 4th and 5th gear synchros so they can get the car back on the road. Man I am getting sick, i haven't driven my car in a week. I miss my car damnit, they need to hurry the fock up. That S10 just doesn't have the power of a Si. Even w/ the Vortec V6, that think sucks ass.

ephatch member
    that sucks...maybe they can give u a 6 speed tranny instead and call it even;)

Got i-VTEC??

Update

Well, Honda gave me my car back this friday and they said that it was a manufacturer defect. 3rd 4th and 5th gear synchros. They replaced the synchros and they broke all the plastic off of my Injen Relocation bracket for the fuse box so they gave me all new plastic. Anyway I said I'd give an update and there it is.

atl-si
    Originally posted by SpUD
    Thats cool.....i got a story.........

one of my friend had a acura MDX and he had it sent in for repairs. They gave him a Type S for a rental. He was amazed that they gave him that car and so was I... i was about to brake something on my car and take it to that dealer. He racked up 1000 mile in the first 2 days and by the 5th day the dealer called and asked if he got a Type S for a rental. He said yes and the guy at the dealer asked him to come in IMMEDIATLY. He asked why and the guy said that car belongs to another customer.

Its so fucked up thats its funny. Thank god that not my car! hahahaha

anyways... its just a funny story. :D :D :D
    That so "f" uped!! I would be pissed as H3LL if that was my car!

Originally posted by 2002Si
    Well, Honda gave me my car back this friday and they said that it was a manufacturer defect. 3rd 4th and 5th gear synchros. They replaced the synchros and they broke all the plastic off of my Injen Relocation bracket for the fuse box so they gave me all new plastic. Anyway I said I'd give an update and there it is.
    Sucks for you. Well, at least it wasn't more than that.
    Last edited by atl-si; 01-20-2003 at 11:35 AM.

, Honda gave me my car back this friday and they said that it was a manufacturer defect. 3rd 4th and 5th gear synchros.
    Did they say there was a defect with your synchros, or is it a defect with all of our synchros?

Got i-VTEC??
    My Synchros, but the parts are on a 3 week back order so has anyone else had this problem?

ephatch member
    someone local to the san antonio area had this problem. Honda fixed it 2 times and then they had to go ahead and put a new tranny in his car.

Thread Information