Close

Oxygen Sensor Clips STUCK?!

I've been trying to get these things un-clipped for so long I've lost track of time. I tried before when putting my Test-Pipe and Header on. Now that I have a type-s header/cat going on, I need to put on rsx-s length o2 sensors OR get extensions. Either way, I need to get these clips out. I've tried a flat head screwdriver pushing the clip while pulling on the plug I've tried to use light strength channel locks to help get a good grip on the clip. Nothing has worked so far.

Any tips? I'd really appreciate any help or insight on the issue. I know it's probably a stupid mistake I'm making, but IDK where else to turn.

BTW. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Go eat some turkey, enjoy your families and have a grand ol' time.

If someone knows the answer to this, I'd greatly appreciate it. When trying to replace the primary oxygen sensor earlier, I got the sensor out fine, but for the life of me, I could not get that clip out...even after trying with pliers.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    maybe try some pb blaster and heat the clip up so the plastic expands and is flexible?

Use a flatblade screwdriver and insert it where the two plugs come together. Press the clip and gently twist the screwdriver and it will separate the two quite easily...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    Use a flatblade screwdriver and insert it where the two plugs come together. Press the clip and gently twist the screwdriver and it will separate the two quite easily...
    This is what I had to do. It took a good bit of prying though, the car spent a little time up north.

Thanks a lot, everyone. I got it. New one took care of the CEL, thank goodness.

Thread Information