Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Megan Coilover Problem

Alright so I picked up Megan coilovers about 2 weeks ago and when I bought them they were really dropped. There were no noises, no nothing but as soon as I lifted the car up a bit it started making some weird noice everytime I turned (left or right). It only comes from the passenger side. It seems to me like the spring rubs or something. Well, I kept searching for a solution but came up short. I lubed up the coilover and it didnt get any better.. So I now have decided to upload a video and an image.

and here's an image of what i've tighten and loosen up. Everytime I loosen up the bolt it goes away but when I tighten it back up it comes back.
    IMG_0971.jpg
    Any help will be gladly appreciated..

Anyone?

I found that earlier. Thanks. :)

my megan's do the same thing. its coil bind i can not get rid of it either. mine is the front right. am thinking of gething a set of raceland coilovers. and sell this things. if u find a fix do tell us its weird. but am done trying to fix this things my coils have less than 500 miles on them i just parked the car and its been sitting in the garage for like two years after this issue i gave up on the car. it just sits there.

im having the same problem on my megan coilovers its coming from the driver side. i was thinking the same thing and selling mines and get a set of racelands

I've been searching and came across a forum and there was a guy who posted this as a solution http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HAL-7888-109/ I haven't ordered this yet because I'm kinda broke right now but if someone wants to try these out go ahead.
    Does anyone else have like a rattle coming from their coilovers when coming to a stop or from a stop? Even after making sure that the top nut is torqued down?

Quote Originally Posted by theMan_ny View Post
    I've been searching and came across a forum and there was a guy who posted this as a solution http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HAL-7888-109/ I haven't ordered this yet because I'm kinda broke right now but if someone wants to try these out go ahead.
    Does anyone else have like a rattle coming from their coilovers when coming to a stop or from a stop? Even after making sure that the top nut is torqued down?
    i had these set of coilovers. i think to be honest you might have the version 1s? did you get it from EP_EJAY or whatever? yeah his car was dropped to the floor, but i'm sure it's the preload coming loose because mine came loose every time i started to get the popping noise. i constantly had to keep tightening it. i say dont even fuck with racelands and drop the dough to either replace the fronts or buy new fronts which is about the same price as racelands since racelands are almost 350-400 now. just my 2cents

I didn't know there were different versions :( and yeah I bought them off him. I'm positive it is not. I adjusted them so that they not move vertically and I locked the perches pretty damn tight. How do I go about replacing the fronts?

Quote Originally Posted by theMan_ny View Post
    I didn't know there were different versions :( and yeah I bought them off him. I'm positive it is not. I adjusted them so that they not move vertically and I locked the perches pretty damn tight. How do I go about replacing the fronts?
    contact megan racing

i have the same problem with my adjustable skunk2's..i bought coil isolators at the honda dealer and fixed my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jayzuz View Post
    i have the same problem with my adjustable skunk2's..i bought coil isolators at the honda dealer and fixed my problem.
    Can I ask how much you payed? I can get rid of it for two weeks but it always just comes back to haunt me. :(
    Last edited by theMan_ny; 01-28-2012 at 01:28 PM.

it cost me 7 dollars each at spreen honda in loma linda CA...has worked good for me so far

look my car would only that noise on the passenger side like in your case..after looking at both coils i noticed that the passenger side didn't have the isolator(rubber thing) like the passanger side did..so i bought two at the dealer..put them right on and no more noise..it worked for me i hope it works for you..(keep in mind that the part at the dealer is for stock spring but so it might be a bit bigger but should work)

yup.jpg its number 2...rubber seat is what its called....pic is really small here the link http://www.spreenhonda.com/parts/parts-department/

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information