Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If you purchase them, I guess make sure they aren't the V1's. Otherwise you're going to have the same problem but good luck with your purchase. I would suggest greasing them before you install. That way you don't have to worry about it later.

ok i think i have eliminated the coil bind. key word I THINK. on friday i figured out my top nut was loose as hell i turned it like four times. I tighten the nut good and tight. i raised the car on the lift and found my preload was off. i re preloaded the spring i ran it just like megan says on there wed site. i blew the shock with shop air and made sure every thing was nice and clean. preloaded retorqued the wheel and lowered the car on the floor. settled the car by jouncing it. and driving forward and backward. after it was settled i started to turn the wheel and to my surprise! NO COIL BIND! so i said to my self i will not be happy till i hear it bind again and sure to hell i go and get changed and when i pull my car out the shop i get one small bind.

I started to laugh and i said oh well. that was the last coil bind i have heard. i have been driving the car all weekend and no bind. none i think i settled in. now the black spring insolaters were ok not torn. just cleaned them and made sure they were dry. then i cleaned the spring and made sure it was nice and smooth. then looked at the red spring seat and found it was scored i think this was due to the strut not being put together right. so i made sure it was smooth i cleaned it with a small file. so after driving all weekend around town and back roads of Laguna Seca i think its fixed. if i find any other stuff with these coils all post it or u guys can send me a msg.

now i need to invest in motor mounts they are torn to hell i inspected them also on friday and they are no good. so here goes $400 dollars on red 60a street inovative mounts all four
    and then install my type r shifter assembly. with the aluminum shifter bushings. and keep driving it like i own it.
    Last edited by civic sir f1; 02-12-2012 at 08:11 PM. Reason: u

Nice! I think I need to adjust my preload too. Although when I've done it, I believe my drive side is more compressed than the passenger side. Was this true with yours too? But anyways I'm going to give them a good cleaning as well and hopefully mine will go away forever lol.

i haven't messed with the drivers side i did check the top nut and it was tight. i did check preload and seamed ok i measured the spring on the driver side and i made sure passenger side was the same as driver. ya it should be nice and clean it should not need any lube. i say that cuz driver side does not have any lube. and has been fine since the first day. what part of cali. are u from? let me know how things go for u.

I had the chance to work on my car today and I (hopefully) got rid of the coil bind completely. I took the coilovers off and cleaned them down from the grease I applied and all the dirt that was building up. When I was disassembling them there was a lot of dirt and other shit so I clean and washed the parts I could. When I was putting it back together I was looking at the diagram I posted earlier and saw that I didn't have the washer that went on top by the top nut. So I temporarily put something there and assembled the coilovers and when I went to go test the car out, not one sound, not one clunk, not anything came from the front. Hopefully I fixed the problem forever.

So you took the strut out and added a washer to the top nut? Or can I undo the top nut under the adjustment and add the washer there?

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have to. I did it because my coilovers were dirty but yes just undo the top nut and add the washer. Hopefully it works for you.

I tightened the nut and the noise went away!! Thanks bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by epheist04 View Post
    I tightened the nut and the noise went away!! Thanks bro!!
    Glad this thread was a help to you.

Random question...

Has any tried contacting the Manufacturer?
    be jealous :P

I tried but damn they take forever to respond. Plus I wasn't the original purchaser so I think they can only help so much..
    Last edited by theMan_ny; 02-24-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Yea, i know how that is. i would still email them and copy and paste this thread. When there are threads about products it tends to get that squeeky wheel a little oil if you know what i mean.

sounds like you guys have it under controll though.

right now my oem suspension with eibachs is a little squeeky..fuckin hate it..but i am going to Skunk2 Pro-c's in a few months. Had 2 sets on my crx's and loved em.
    be jealous :P

sounds like all is fixed here! my coils have been good no bind. how about ur guys? there hasn't been a single question for a few months.

I gave up after it came back. They were good for a whole month after I put some washers but they tore up. I tried contacting Megan but didn't get a response. At this point, I'm done messing with the car. I've been thinking about selling it and getting an E46.

e46 be real careful man i work on bmw's and a clean e46 is hard to find. and if u find one get a car fax. and if u find one make real sure that the wireing is not hacked up. u ever owned a bmw before? i have been working on them for 7 years and to this day i still can't put my self in one. Great handeling car the best!!. but u better have the ends to keep it maintained that is no joke. well am sorry that ur megans just don't get quiet on u.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information