Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrious View Post

Cool, i thought sk2's were not the best.. thanks for clearing this up for me!!

I'm considering the used mugen suspension in the wts section...what you think, they good for the price that they goin for ?..
    with the mugens, the only thing is, ride height isn't adjustable, so no dumping the car. they drop the car ~1.0-1.25" and ride on the firm side, but not uncomfortably so. people who have them say they are a good balance of daily driver and capable track setup.

If you are looking for right smack in the middle between performance and comfort I highly recommend A-Spec. Lowers ~1.0 inch, and greatly reduces body roll and gives the car a much better feel. Also won't quite run you into the $1000 mark, but more like $800. I have them on my car.

i have tein ss and i have never had any problems with them. i auto x them for three years and ran at pocono with them. along with type r rear sway and a em2 front sway with camber kit and crash bolts and hoosier race tires. the car is very competitive in its class. and i daily drive my car its very fun when you want it to be. i agree with you needing a alignment asap with any suspenion modofications. no mater what name product you buy without a good alignment its junk and will not perform the ways its designed to. and if your gunna slam your car their will be further upgrades needed to also handle as you desire.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    i choose d2 street coilovers, there not crazy stiff perfect for a street use.

+1 for D2, I put a set in my friends rsx-s and it rode beautifully

Im personally planning on going with D2's. One of my buddies just got them for his 95 civic coupe and i love them. They handle and ride great and can also be set to ride reallly nice or stupid stiff. Ive ridden in many setups such as skunk2,ground control,tein,ksport and D2 has been my favorite so far with tanabe sustecs not far behind. Only thing with those is they dont have adjustable dampening.

oh D2's i've also hear a bit about D2's, so they say there 36 way dampner and rebound adjustable monotube full coilover system.. do they come fully assembled with top hats n all ?? any other D2's out there?
    also anyone else running mugens or A-Spec out there that would like to submite there .02 cents?? I'd have to use Rsx tie rod ends for A-Spec is that right? would that be all or is there other stuff aswell..???

You need to either run rsx trailing arms or shave the bushing on the bottom of the rear suspension as they are slightly larger then the ep3. There's a sticky thread about it.

you need rsx tierod ends aswell.. I had BC BR-racing coilovers on my coupe, and they ran great! I have them forsale aswell, theyll fit the ep... 5k on them!

You can also try looking for a nice set of used buddyclub rsd's- just tune them down for street use..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information