Close

huh! what was that noise? mental's Avatar

A/C compressor BYPASS???

hey guys i have a friend that has a locked up A/C compressor that we need to bypass so we dont have to pay for a tow truck because the car is over 200 miles away and i dont want to replace the compressor in a walmart parking lot... that being said i remember doing this on my EP3 when the compressor grenaded but i cant remember what belt length i used at the time because that was a looooong time ago... has anyone bypassed their compressor without removing it like i did and can you please give me the belt size you used... i remember it was supposed to be like a 5 rib and we used a 4 but i for the life of me cant remember the length... not sure if this is in the wrong section but it is an interesting how to for other because i know the compressor is known for this issue on EP3, CRV, base RSX and various other models that share our a/c setup... if it is wrong mods please lock and move and let me know where its at...

Eeeeeeek I wish I could help but I'm already drunk. Look hard enough I found it before. NAPA!!

i moved this to the correct spot where it should be posted. please be aware of where your posting.. how to section is for people who have made an instructional post on how to's.

thanks!
    Jimmy
    be jealous :P

Quote Originally Posted by ImportCustomx View Post
    i moved this to the correct spot where it should be posted. please be aware of where your posting.. how to section is for people who have made an instructional post on how to's.

thanks!
    Jimmy
    i always thought the 'how to' section was for people with questions on 'how to' do something.

and the DIY section was for threads with detailed instructions/DIY's on how to complete specific projects
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

if its not already too late, refer to my post on the subject, can look it up from my profile, or just PM me and ill find it for you. I'm currently running the car with my ceased up A/C clutch and the shorter belt to bypass it untol I get enough money to replace it all at once.
    Last edited by rufiogeezee; 02-01-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: more info

Thread Information