Close

last minute carpet opinion!?!?!

ok so im ready to order my new carpet from stockinteriors .. .. im just stuck on which to get.. either jdm cut pile red or neon cut pile red.. i need sum pics of each carpet installed .. i kno a few people on here with both these so help me out .. opinions welcomed.. kinda leanin more towards neon cut red tho

whats the website ?

631 huh, me too, no ep3 yet though.

stratton.

stockinteriors.com

I was sorely disappointed with my carpet from stock interiors. I had ordered a replacement carpet for my S13 a few years ago, I believe it was the cut pile in graphite grey. Nothing fancy, just a stock replacement for the old girl.
    I received a well cut, properly shaped, though nowhere near as defined as a factory molded carpet, but still workable. My problem was the carpeting itself. It shed like crazy. It was also noticeably thicker than stock making some of the corners look...cheap. I don't know, i'm kind of a stickler for details. I ended up ripping it out after 2 months. I sourced a good condition stocker some 300 miles away. Probably not the story you wanted to hear, but honestly, the shedding was that bad.

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Yeah I've heard they tend to be very thick, never heard anybody mention shedding issues though. There was a thread before comparing their JDM red with the neon, not sure if it was prior to the crash or not though.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

I wish I could describe the texture better, but the carpeting is not like stock at all. In some spots there will be some padding that will overlap to places that require cutting or random holes for the seats and whatnot making clean cuts very difficult.
    Again, not trying to talk you out of it, but my experience with this product...i would pay more for a stock replacement. Only if I was doing a straight out colour change would I consider this. And I would buy hesitantly knowing the amount of work required for a good finish. But I know in the end, I would not be satisfied with the end result.

Thread Information