Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Slow moving build thread.

Wanted to start a build thread to document my progress on the ep3. I'm always open to new ideas suggestions and pointers. A guy can never think enough or learn enough by himself. So far I put the Injen cold air intake on Ill take pictures of that tomorrow. And I just got my apexi noir catback for it. That will be going on saturday or sunday. Up next will be a bcss corsport bushings and cables and cable bushings. After that Ill be starting my 5 lug conversion so I can stuff some 235's in there for the largest contact patch I can get on this thing and do a A2 head swap and swap out the ecu with a type s's. So those are the plans for now Ill try to update this thread as much as I can.

Powers.

This is what I am starting with.

That is a horrible picture to showcase your car. Good luck with your build though
    charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles charles

Hey j000000stin!!! Suck it, i know how to change my sig. muhahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post

This is what I am starting with.
    Quote Originally Posted by charles View Post
    That is a horrible picture to showcase your car. Good luck with your build though

srs though, it looks like a shaky pic of a complete/clean virgin ep, congrats!
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Its all I got ill get some in the morning the navys got me working 12 hour days for holiday stand down. Ill take some good ones when I get a day off.

You stationed long in Norfolk? Hampton Roads (Portsmouth) is my hometown. Watch the cops and state troopers there... they love writing tickets for rediculous shizz. That exhaust might even get you in trouble on base at the gate...
    Last edited by talonXracer; 03-03-2009 at 01:59 PM.

Congrats for a military personnel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post

You stationed long in Norfolk? Hampton Roads (Portsmouth) is my hometown. Watch the cops and state troopers there... they love writing tickets for rediculous shizz. That exhaust might even get you in trouble on base at the gate...
    Oh I know I've been lucky I haven't gotten a ticket yet going from a wrangler to this makes me speed like a banshee haha. And yes im right next to gate three alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Congrats for a military personnel!
    Hooyah!

Off to a decent start... Good luck with build. A2 head swap? Vtec killer instead?

A head swap doesint net any gains on the a3, back in the day people gained like 10 hp lol. Also just leave the ecu alone if anything get kpro when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by tlikethedrink View Post
    Off to a decent start... Good luck with build. A2 head swap? Vtec killer instead?
    Yea from the research I did keep in mind Im new to these hondas. People have gotten up to 200hp with the a2 head and ecu could be wrong but Im learning as I go might just consider doing a full engine swap k20a2 with the six speed and do the five lug conversion.

Just put the Apexi Noir exhaust on pics to come. Very smooth install besides the 3 nuts on the back of the cat they were rusted and fused together so I ended up cutting them on the back of the nut taking of the flange of the stock cat back grinding them down as close as possible to the gasket surface without knicking it all while soaking with pb blaster and tapping with a hammer. Then took a center punch and tapped the studs right on out with some good persasive movements. Bought some bolts and nuts and good as new.

Another VA ep3'r. Bump for you

Going to order a kidd racing header and test pipe. But I need opinions on this. I dont have 1300 bucks to fork out for a kpro since i have a full blown overhaul going on with my 1995 jeep wrangler but I was looking at the hondata ecu reflash for 295 at corsport and thats with free shipping. Anyone have this mod or anything that I should know or expect?

P.S. I promise ill take pictures of the car tomorrow in daylight to post up.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information