Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

k24a2 NA with bolt on's; clutch suggestions?

Everything is coming together, and now I am in the market for a clutch.

I just need to get motor mounts, RBC, and a clutch and Spring of 2012 to finish up this swap and I am timid on making a decision for the clutch..

k24a2 with I/H/E/Kpro Tuned, expecting 210-230 HP? I think that'd be a fair guess/base.

I have looked around and I have searched.. But I intend with just keeping an NA k24a2 setup, so I don't need anything crazy.. What I want is reliability, something that can easily handle the power and also not be a pain in the ass to drive as a DD..

Anybody have any good info? I was thinking a Competition Clutch Stage 1.5/2 with Light/Ultra Light flywheel would be good but I have some questions.. Is that enough? Also, sprung, or unsprung? I know the differences between the two, but what do you guys recommend? Info on the flywheel's would be nice as well. I have heard some people so it's no big deal as a DD, and others say it's a pain the lighter you go..

I would like to get a flywheel/clutch/pressure plate combo all together, can someone point me in the right direction? Oh yea, and I know that it is ideal to get a RSX-S specific flywheel/clutch combo for versatility.
    Thanks!

You can always go with a k20a flywheel, they are relatively light, but not ultra light, and its OEM. They run from 150-200. I just couldn't pass up a $50 type s flywheel. I would personally stick with a stage 2 for that torque.

I used spec stage 2. As well as act stage 2. Handled the 263 tq I had. Not using them anymore. Used them with k20 exedy flywheel.

Any recommended flywheel weights? Brands? Stages? Sprung/Unsprung?

Lighter flywheel will rev faster. Sprung will be easier to drive.

Yea the light flywheel will make your torque numbers go a lil higher
    Last edited by Z33_HR; 03-16-2009 at 12:10 PM.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    OEM.

There are a few guys putting out 300whp (obviously boosted) on stock OEM clutches (just PM Illdiesel). Unless you're hard on your clutch, then I would upgrade. Daily duty though for an NA engine.......OEM is 100% fine.
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 12-14-2011 at 11:51 AM.

I just don't wanna drop 600 on a flywheel/clutch combo.. I was thinking a lightly used OEM type-s flywheel, and getting it resurfaced and then a stage 1.5/2 clutch.

EDIT: Oh yea, I wouldn't say i'm hard on the clutch.. I mean, I would just want it to be safe and be there when I wanted to use it though, you know what I mean? I don't plan on putting in a new motor and go from 140hp to 210-230 and just drive it the same. I don't beat the piss outta my stuff, but I definitely would like to enjoy it and take it to the track a few times and not worry about it.

mmm...torque :D
    haha thanks john

i am still on the stock clutch at a hair over 100 i think right now? i swapped for the k24/k20 at 29505, and i wanna say at around 70 or 80 i put the blower on. everything is fine and dandy so far

mind you as a contingency i have a stage 4 clutch type r flywheel and a 4.3 final drive waiting around when it fails

All right, cool. I have about 170,000 miles on my car right now, same original clutch. I think I should replace it though when I put in the new motor.

I think I will do the Stage 2 Comp clutch kit for a RSX-S with the Light Flywheel.. Reason being, the clutch alone, without the flywheel, is only about 100 dollars more. Resurfacing the flywheel for the ep3 will cost about 40-50 dollars, and instead, this way it's a brand new Type-S flywheel with more versatility.. Idk, what do you guys think?

oem clutch 300hp here. 20k miles boosted and i think i have a hub failure (first one let go at 95k the same way)

210-230 id get oem type clutch, just stay away from exedy. go comp clutch.

streetlight flywheel.

^ Why to stay away from exedy ?

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    All right, cool. I have about 170,000 miles on my car right now, same original clutch. I think I should replace it though when I put in the new motor.

I think I will do the Stage 2 Comp clutch kit for a RSX-S with the Light Flywheel.. Reason being, the clutch alone, without the flywheel, is only about 100 dollars more. Resurfacing the flywheel for the ep3 will cost about 40-50 dollars, and instead, this way it's a brand new Type-S flywheel with more versatility.. Idk, what do you guys think?
    Stage 2 clutch. Type s flywheel.

I've got a CC stg2 with typeS fly on my setup. I've heard the lightweight flys rev pretty quick so I wanted to stay away from them for a DD build.

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/CC-CK-8037-2.html

Think that this is what i'm going to get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information