ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Prb - ep3, dc5
    prc - ep3r
    rbc - fd2, fa5
    rbb - tsx
    rrc - fn2
    Damn, I literally had no idea. Thanks

If you use a spun core cat you get the best of both worlds. No flow restriction up to 400whp (based on the model of cat you choose) and no stink, raspy sound or CEL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    I dont think so, but if you would feel safer i could always mod your 50* like i did my 50* for my 2.2 build...

Something to keep in mind. A manifold like the RRC/RBC is designed towards the upper half of the rev range. More air, more fuel, more power. While a 2.4 draws in more air than a 2.0, you wont rev it out like you would a 2.0.

For discussion sake, lets say the 2.4 at 7500rpm pulls in the same amount of air as a 2.0 at 8200rpm. If you build (plan for) your 2.4 to rev to 8000k and above, then the RRC would be your choice. If you plan on driving your 2.4 on a daily basis, arent concerned with peak whp#'s and want to have a nice solid powerband so you dont HAVE to rev it out (isnt that why most people want more TQ anyways?), then IMO the PRC is hard to beat. It made 220hp on the original JDM k20a. It makes great midrange AND performs up top. Whats not to love?
    This is true with the RBC but not so much with the RRC. On K24's the RRC maintains the torque of the RBB and increases HP across most of the range.

I have a comparison dyno of the RBB vs RRC. I'll see if I can find it and post here.

I believe I make 221whp and 185wtq with the RRC.
    Last edited by Slip_Angle; 12-21-2011 at 11:14 PM.

for the record if you go boosted, my k24a2 was still making power at 7500rpm. idk about NA tho.

I'm just going to use the PRB from my a3 and the stock VTC, and once I get the money, a SC and the higher degree VTC.

No need to spend $$$ on something that will likely sit on the shelf later on. Just dont feel bad when you do drive her and she feels pretty weak above 7krpm. The performance is there... just not unlocked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Slip_Angle View Post
    I have a comparison dyno of the RBB vs RRC. I'll see if I can find it and post here.
    Bump for this info!

So many people have reported different gains with the RRC over the RBC. At some point you have to assume a % of that will be lost to inconsistent/incomplete testing/tuning variables. IMO though, if the RRC>RBC as the PRC>PRB... even if it is just a little bit its worth it. But is it worth it to the tune of $350?

I know the PRC was much better than the PRB...

Well as long as there's a significant difference in the a3 and the k24a2 then we'll be good haha. I just don't wanna put on an RBC IM and mess with the radiator support and the hood and the brake booster port and everything else because I plan on SC'ing it anyway and then the new VTC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information