Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a2 for 1500

a2 for 1500

I found a k20a2 for sale local for $1500 no tranny but with harness and ecu. He crash his type s so his sellin his motor. He got 120k miles on it. Is this fair or should i keep looking..

Thats quite a bit of miles, id wait for another one sure it may be cheap but if im gonna swap id want a lowest milage engine i can find reasonably priced.

Thanks.

Rebuild!!

Are you set on a k20a2? Or just a good alternative motor swap? 06+ TSX motor is probably your best bet if you just want a good engine. Reason I suggest that is because they seem to be WAY more available at a MUCH better price. Plus, you get Tooooorque and power at much lower RPM's all the way to redline. AND, stock the k24a2 has really good internals, which is good for boost if you want to go down that road.

Just my $0.02

EDIT:
    Also, it doesn't HAVE to be 06+, they're 'technically' better, but not to the point where it'd really be 'worth it' if you had the option of saving a few hundred bucks or so.. Also, it'd give you a broader selection (04-08) 1,500 is typical for a lower mileage k24a2. I've found some for that price, some included a 1-year warranty and shipping as well.. Good luck in your hunting :)
    Last edited by iDom; 12-27-2011 at 06:08 PM.

Im kinda set on an k20a2 thats why i just want a basic bolt on and a hondata reflash down the road. Either way im rebuilding the angine also i forgot to mention.

Well the TSX motor is the exact same swap procedure as the k20a2, except the CRV passenger side mount that you need to put on ($15)

That's cool though, good luck with everything! It takes time to save up and find all the stuff you need. Do you already have k-pro?

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    Well the TSX motor is the exact same swap procedure as the k20a2, except the CRV passenger side mount that you need to put on ($15)

That's cool though, good luck with everything! It takes time to save up and find all the stuff you need. Do you already have k-pro?
    no kpro ill be using the rsx ecu just wanna do a reflash. So you think i should get the motor then. i called some juckyard around the bay area and the lowest i found was 1800 no tranny with 80-110k miles for a a2.

For the k24a2 i will need a kpro and a rsx 6 pd tranny am i right. so cost wise its going to be more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    no kpro ill be using the rsx ecu just wanna do a reflash. So you think i should get the motor then. i called some juckyard around the bay area and the lowest i found was 1800 no tranny with 80-110k miles for a a2.

For the k24a2 i will need a kpro and a rsx 6 pd tranny am i right. so cost wise its going to be more expensive.
    Nah you can use your a3 tranny but kpro is a must

for the k24 kpro is a must right. I cant use my a3 tranny to the a2 cause i heard vtec will fall on shifts am i right. i talk the guy to $1400 because i cried about the miles i think im going to pick this up. Any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Blah1219 View Post
    Rebuild!!

And like he said. I wont drop the motor till i do this.

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    Are you set on a k20a2? Or just a good alternative motor swap? 06+ TSX motor is probably your best bet if you just want a good engine. Reason I suggest that is because they seem to be WAY more available at a MUCH better price. Plus, you get Tooooorque and power at much lower RPM's all the way to redline. AND, stock the k24a2 has really good internals, which is good for boost if you want to go down that road.

Just my $0.02

EDIT:
    Also, it doesn't HAVE to be 06+, they're 'technically' better, but not to the point where it'd really be 'worth it' if you had the option of saving a few hundred bucks or so.. Also, it'd give you a broader selection (04-08) 1,500 is typical for a lower mileage k24a2. I've found some for that price, some included a 1-year warranty and shipping as well.. Good luck in your hunting :)
    You are totally right about it BUT in CA, there a lot of problem with k24a2.

Just my 2 cents.

Me and him are looking for some k20a2 and we found some. They are either overprice or high miles.

We will continue to look for another one.

Off topic: Pnf Kpro work on a2 engine? Since is reprogrammable, will it work?

[QUOTE=hkrayingboyz;941565]You are totally right about it BUT in CA, there a lot of problem with k24a2.

Just my 2 cents.

Me and him are looking for some k20a2 and we found some. They are either overprice or high miles.

We will continue to look for another one.

Off topic: Pnf Kpro work on a2 engine? Since is reprogrammable, will it work?[/QUOTE

K24 would be a problem here to smog. So a2 is the only good choice i just want to smoke my friends wrx and cousins fg lol.

i think its a fair price but it depends on you, if you wanted you could always change out all the seals/gaskets/rod bolts/chain/tensioner and know that everything is new so you dont have to do it again in the near future probably be an extra 400 estimating but at least you know its right. The pnf kpro will be fine no 6 gear lockout but i dont think it matters im running a pnf kpro in my k20/24 but it use to be a straight k20a2 and even then it was perfectly fine

Quote Originally Posted by ep3allstar View Post
    i think its a fair price but it depends on you, if you wanted you could always change out all the seals/gaskets/rod bolts/chain/tensioner and know that everything is new so you dont have to do it again in the near future probably be an extra 400 estimating but at least you know its right. The pnf kpro will be fine no 6 gear lockout but i dont think it matters im running a pnf kpro in my k20/24 but it use to be a straight k20a2 and even then it was perfectly fine
    That is exactly what i have in mine. I have a jrsc-s but i really want a true vtec engine that is the reason why want the a2, plus the a3 is getting to the point where its really slow, maybe cause of the 140k miles. Im pickin the engine up this monday.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information