Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: a2 for 1500

Well since ur gonna rebuild then i guess ull be good for mileage... u gonna get rid of ur jrsc? If so do u mind sellin me the carb sticker if u have it? lol

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    Well since ur gonna rebuild then i guess ull be good for mileage... u gonna get rid of ur jrsc? If so do u mind sellin me the carb sticker if u have it? lol
    lol

if your worried about smog anything thats got kpro is "illegal". but most smog techs don't check the block stamp. i'd go with the k24, its all identical. the only reason a type s would pass (legally after a BAR) is cause you can use the type s ecu without modification.

K-pro should be on your "to-do" list.. It's much better than just a reflashed ECU. If you're worried about falling out of VTEC you can adjust all that in k-pro.

In my opinion, the k20a2 pretty much 'needs' a 6 speed with it.. I know a lot of people might disagree with me here on that but, you rev those engines out to make power, the gears in a type-s/type-r tranny is ideal for that.

Also, it's a given.. Casual people don't buy RSX Type-S's on accident.. The majority of those engines are driven pretty hard.. They're sports cars with a younger male demographic as the primary owners/buyers. So, again this is my opinion and my own logic, but a k20a2 with 100k will PROBBALY be a bit more beat up than a TSX motor with the same mileage.

Oh, did I mention the tooooorque?

I've been told and found that the gearing on the ep3 trans is pretty good with the tsx engine as well..

Besides all the other BS I've said.. I highly recommend kpro first.

There have got to be a ton of people running k24 EP3s in Cali. How are they doing it?

Man.. I'm glad Ohio doesn't care about emissions lol. I could put a big block Chevy in my ep3 and run open header and I'd prolly get praise for doing so.. Yee-haw

Quote Originally Posted by gamma6 View Post
    no lol im going to sell it with the jrsc.

Quote Originally Posted by iDom View Post
    K-pro should be on your "to-do" list.. It's much better than just a reflashed ECU. If you're worried about falling out of VTEC you can adjust all that in k-pro.

In my opinion, the k20a2 pretty much 'needs' a 6 speed with it.. I know a lot of people might disagree with me here on that but, you rev those engines out to make power, the gears in a type-s/type-r tranny is ideal for that.

Also, it's a given.. Casual people don't buy RSX Type-S's on accident.. The majority of those engines are driven pretty hard.. They're sports cars with a younger male demographic as the primary owners/buyers. So, again this is my opinion and my own logic, but a k20a2 with 100k will PROBBALY be a bit more beat up than a TSX motor with the same mileage.

Oh, did I mention the tooooorque?

I've been told and found that the gearing on the ep3 trans is pretty good with the tsx engine as well..

Besides all the other BS I've said.. I highly recommend kpro first.
    thanks idom now you got me thinkin bout the k24. The dude im buyin the motor from is an older guy and his rsx looks stock and the motor got no modification that he did that i can see.

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    There have got to be a ton of people running k24 EP3s in Cali. How are they doing it?
    smog illegally or hope smog person dont check.....

Quote Originally Posted by klik View Post
    thanks idom now you got me thinkin bout the k24. The dude im buyin the motor from is an older guy and his rsx looks stock and the motor got no modification that he did that i can see.
    Well, of course not in 100% of cases is there going to be an engine that was beat on, but that's why people are so hesitant when buying sports cars second hand like the s2k, evo, STi's, etc.. Because, more than likely, those things have been beat on.

I was right where you are now a few years ago, asking myself what I want to do.. Actually, you can probably click on my username and look at all the threads I have started and I bet you'll find a lot of good info on the k24a2..

But, what I would do is get K-PRO.. Get that done and out of the way.. Think of it as gen ed classes for a college program you want to get in to lol. Plus, once you get the K-PRO, you can just load up the reflash .kal for our stock motors and it'll give you a little something in the meantime to have fun with (don't go crazy tho and ruin your engine) Oh and for the record, I just have k-pro right now and am shopping around for a TSX motor.. So, it takes time.

Also, the 'old man taking care of his car' thought is a myth lol. I bought my ep3 from a 40+ year old father of 3.. And it came full equipped with blown struts, halo headlights, altezza tail lights, and later when I did my first oil change, I seen the clips for underbody neon lights...
    -__-

Now, of course, there's no way in hell I could know if that guy truly DID take care of his car lol. I mean, he could have.. I'm just giving you some advice yano? There's nothing wrong with exploring your options before you go out and drop money on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by hkrayingboyz View Post
    smog illegally or hope smog person dont check.....
    So how is a K20a2 better for smog then? You've still changed the motor (so if they look at the block stamp they will know) and you still have to run a different ECU, but I guess because it doesn't have to be a modified ECU? Even so, you'd still be better off in the long run using Kpro on a K20a2.

I dunno, I don't live in Cali, so I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of the emissions requirements there, but if it were me and I was choosing between the two motors, I'd rather have the K24. Lots more torque and you don't have to rev to the moon to get it.

So how is a K20a2 better for smog then? You've still changed the motor (so if they look at the block stamp they will know) and you still have to run a different ECU, but I guess because it doesn't have to be a modified ECU? Even so, you'd still be better off in the long run using Kpro on a K20a2.

I dunno, I don't live in Cali, so I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of the emissions requirements there, but if it were me and I was choosing between the two motors, I'd rather have the K24. Lots more torque and you don't have to rev to the moon to get it.
    it sucks to live here in cali men. I remember when i have to do my smog and cel came out i had to find a illegal place to have it pass.

it sucks to live here in cali men. I remember when i have to do my smog and cel came out i had to find a illegal place to have it pass.
    The car scene is amazing out there though, it's a give and take.

I think ill wait and save a little more for a k24 and k-pro. thanks for advice my ep brothers.

I think ill wait and save a little more for a k24 and k-pro. thanks for advice my ep brothers.
    Wise decision. K-Pro first. Everything after that won't be so much of a pain.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar

i know the k24a1 is harder to do because they will know that it's from an SUV. i think wayne from speedstar even BAR ref'd his k20a swap because the guy doing it looked up specs for the k20a2 because it was the closest one he could find and gave it a green light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information