Close

headlight adjustment after drop

I know a lot of people round here are putting springs and what not on their EP, I just wanted to know in brief, if anyone had adjusted their headlights to compensate for the drop.

thanks

I have a drop in my 96 6th gen civic hatch. and i had to adjust them a little up . but that was it. our cars should be easy to adjust. i havent lookd back there i just put in tucan crystal whites. and didn t even look lol. :D

ephatch member
    our cars headlights are just as easy to adjust as all other hondas I have seen recently. A philips screwdriver inserted into the gear on the back of the headlights. I think it is clockwise for up and counterclockwise for down.

Canuck
    I recommend this on any dropped car, I've done it on my SiR. I kinda just adjust them upwards a bit at a time evenly on both sides and test drive it, don't over-do it though.

like mentioned above you can use a philips screwdriver and turn the screwdriver clockwise (this turns the mechanism counter-clockwise) , it takes a very long skinny driver though. None of mine fit, so I used a ratchet and 10mm socket to turn the bolt head on the rear of the adjustment mechanism. I found this worked much better and you could see the adjustment easier as it moves the light up or down quicker. I raised mine about 1 inch. If using the ratchet method you set the ratchet for loosening, so it turns the mechanism counter-clockwise. hth.
    Last edited by JSIR; 01-12-2003 at 08:09 PM.

Thread Information