Close

ephatch member

nitrous with reflash

im sorry if this topic has been beaten to death...but i had no luck searching the forum...i was planning on getting hondata reflash....ive also been wanting to run about a 75 shot of nitrous(venom recluse)..is it safe to run a small shot with the reflash or is it going to kill my stock internals? the reason i dont just get kpro is simple..i cant afford it..i can however afford the reflash which i am completly sold on...and it would be nice to be able to have the occasional 50-75 shot in moderation...i was just wondering if anyone has any experience using both? thanks- joep

ephatch member
    after further study the recluse probably wont work with the reflash at all since the venom system tapps into my ecu and controlls the afr for safe shooting..if i have the reflash will the recluse system still be able to monitor my air fuel ratio? if it is safe to use nos/flash should i look into a kit that doesnt effect the ecu? sorry for all the questions..thanks again- joep
    Last edited by ephatchback; 01-04-2012 at 01:16 AM.

if the venom system comes with a management piggyback and you or your tuner knows how to use it, it should work as it would on any other car. kpro can take the system and manage it itself if you had it. i have no experience with nitro so i could be full of poo. but i do have a ton of experience on kpro, and i would suggest using that in conjunction with your notrous system for "safe" shooting. if there is such a thing.

edit: hondata suggests not using the reflash for nitrous, as you would need to actually tune the car for having it, hence kpro. you would kind of be throwing your money out the window on a reflash imo, as you lose $100-$180 of it towards a kpro upgrade that you would save if you got on kpro in the first place instead of upgrading. i would get the reflash first and see how you like it if you're really bent on only spending $245 or whatever it is on it. then get the juice later if you're not happy, as long as it came with some sort of management. i'll take a look at it tho.
    Last edited by AKEP; 01-04-2012 at 01:32 AM.

ephatch member
    thank you..i finally got my ep3 back and all i can think about is what direction to go motor wise..its a dd and im on a tight budget so im trying to weigh out my options..the more i read and all ive gathered in the last 10 yrs of playing with the K and reading this forum has about pushed me into an all motor build. ive been trying to find cheap hp...i should prob just take a breath and reflash and start looking at cams..if i decide to go carzy w my motor ill go kpro. sorry im rambling...im just thinking outloud..thanks again for the help.- joep

pick up a2 internals on the cheap and build it piece by piece. then when u put it together get the reflash for an a2. done. if you play it right you might be able to do it all for about $1400 or less including reflash.

ephatch member
    would i have to touch the block or are you saying i just need to grab up the a2 head parts and the a2 reflash will work? wouldnt i need an a2 ecu in order for the reflash/parts to work correctly? -thanks- joep

I think what he was saying was gather the build piece by piece , you can shop online people sell / part out all the time. but if your really wanting to get any new build going , Kpro would be your first investment. as you would gain immediate tune ability for any path you take from then on. swap, boost, nitrous, combination of either or reflashes i feel are not worth the investment if your going to end up down the road with a swap anyways. best save up and get kpro as it will give you the best flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    pick up a2 internals on the cheap and build it piece by piece. then when u put it together get the reflash for an a2. done. if you play it right you might be able to do it all for about $1400 or less including reflash.
    Quote Originally Posted by ephatchback View Post
    would i have to touch the block or are you saying i just need to grab up the a2 head parts and the a2 reflash will work? wouldnt i need an a2 ecu in order for the reflash/parts to work correctly? -thanks- joep
    wait wait, im almost sure thats sounds too good to be true... sounds like an a2 swap will work with a Hondata Reflash if specified for the a2? if thats the case why wouldnt one just save the money for a a2, or k24a1, bolts ons, and use a reflash to run em? Kpro i wouldnt think would be NEEDED until FI.

bandwagon? idk. not even sure if hondata will reflash a pnf ecu with prb info. you can, in theory. but you would need all the work done and ecu in at the same time. idk how well a k24a1 would run off a reflash. interested to see that. lol.

Bandwagon? as in me jumping on?

Just curious... i was just thinking if this WAS possible, why hasn't it been done more? it seems some people take the cheapest route possible- 300 for a reflash is alot cheaper than even a used kpro (+dont forget a tune)... i understand that having kpro first is better so the most can be had out of any set up.
    But ive read that in theory K24a1 can be run in a ep with out any mods to the ecu as long as you run X injectors and 0 bolt-ons.

why wouldnt a k24a1 run good of reflash? couldnt it be compared to say a k20a3 with a reflash as far as how its going to run? dont they run "better"?

idk either- and im not trying to sound like i do. this is all just curiosity... i dont plan on modding my car any more and have actually gone back to stock.

Thread Information