Close

JRSC for EP3 on other k series?

If I buy the JRSC specifically for the EP3, it should bolt on and run on any k series engine shouldn't it?

Yes and no. I had it on my k24a2. But needed an adapter plate that has the coolant port for the idle air assist on it.

this. it depends on the head.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

My a3 has 114k miles on it and I'd like to get all the life I can out of it before I swap so I was considering supercharger but I wanted to know if it would be compatible with k20z1 or the k 24a2 before when I swap down the road. I figure one my engined died, I'd at least still have the supercharger...?

I ran my JRSC on both my a3 and my k24a2. You would just need smaller pulleys to gain the same psi range of the sc. It can be done with smaller JRSC pulley or smaller crank pulley. Or combo of both.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    I ran my JRSC on both my a3 and my k24a2. You would just need smaller pulleys to gain the same psi range of the sc. It can be done with smaller JRSC pulley or smaller crank pulley. Or combo of both.
    This. The kit I just sold was an EP3 kit that was last run on a K24a2. AFAIK, the only change was the charger pulley size (and the belt obviously).

ephatch member
    this is good to know..hopefully ill be supercharged by the end of the week..i was considering a swap but couldnt make up my mind...since my 02 had a new a3 in it with less than 60k on it when i bought it i decided to sc..now when my a3 blows up i can swap and stay charged...nice- joep

Quote Originally Posted by ephatchback View Post
    this is good to know..hopefully ill be supercharged by the end of the week..i was considering a swap but couldnt make up my mind...since my 02 had a new a3 in it with less than 60k on it when i bought it i decided to sc..now when my a3 blows up i can swap and stay charged...nice- joep
    Its hard to blow the a3 as surprising as it sounds. Took me a while.. But once I did. JRSC K24a2 swap... FTW

ephatch member
    what rev limit did you have your a3 set to when you were running the sc with kpro/max boost? -joep

Sweet thanks all! How about the k20z1? I hear it is a different application than the a3..is it possible? Adapters?

what rev limit did you have your a3 set to when you were running the sc with kpro/max boost? -joep
    Limiter was set at 7500rpm.

For k20z1. Check hasport for adapter plates that include the coolant port.

Can't you do this to the head. I thought others reported the hasport leaked?(Photo is from TalonxRacer)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Can't you do this to the head. I thought others reported the hasport leaked?(Photo is from TalonxRacer)
    Yea you can do that. I used the hasport adapter for a year with no problems.

i set mine rev limited to 7800rpm and i ran 9psi with a 3.8 pulley. made 218whp

Ok I'm pretty much set on the k20a, but I found a guy selling a (like new) JRSC race kit w/injectors for the k20a3 for 1500 (no kpro, buying that seperately). This is gonna set me back on my swap, so I was hoping to just install the JRSC on my ep3 engine until I get the funds together. My question is, will I be able to put the k20a3 JRSC on the k20a?

Thread Information