Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what to expect?

what to expect?

ok so i have a 02 civic si hopefully i will be getting it tuned soon. just waiting on the funds for kpro but im wondering what kinda numbers to expect to put to the ground? ill list my mods let me know what you think and thanks!

k20a3 engine
    skunk2 turbo1 cams
    stock valve springs
    new timing chain/tensioner
    440 injectors
    act stage 1 clutch lightweight flywheel
    t3/t4 turbonetics turbo 9psi
    2.5 inch intercooler piping
    full 3 inch exhuast
    3 inch downpipe
    kpro (coming soon)

does anyone have a similar set up thats got it tuned?
    Last edited by toda_power; 03-08-2009 at 04:56 PM.

um. im guessing 110 and it shuts down on the dyno because the block explodes.

you cant run other than stock injectors without kpro.
    you cant tune the stock ecu (without kpro).
    the stock ecu doesn't know what to do once it goes into boost, besides dump fuel to save you from blowing up.
    everything else as far as turbo is concerned means nothing until you get a means of actually controlling it.

If i were you, i'd wait until you got the kpro in before you throw it on the dyno. your tuner, if he's worth anything, wont let you on his dyno until then either, i hope.

btw i dont think 440's will be enough to run 9psi. im almost maxed out on 570's at 8psi. we don't have a return style fuel system so our duty cycle goes through the roof, compared to our b-series cousins.

Well I've got a reflash from hondata on my stock Ecu so it is reprogramable and my car is only running on about 3 psi till it getaway tunned what numbers do you have?

In... because i have a spare block i can sell you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    In... because i have a spare block i can sell you...
    haha wow try making customers for their stupid decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by icee753 View Post
    Well I've got a reflash from hondata on my stock Ecu so it is reprogramable and my car is only running on about 3 psi till it getaway tunned what numbers do you have?
    Hondata reflash is not a programmable. It's a fixed tune. You're shit is going to run super lean and detonate like C4 on steroids.

Yeah... sarcasm doesnt come across in type too well... :P

im at 300hp on a k24a2 @ 8psi that i tuned myself. unless you want to have a reason to put in a new motor, don't run it until you get kpro. tell your hondata dealer that you have reflash, it should take $100 off the kpro price tag for you.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    in for pics

well im just wondering what numbers people made im not gonna through my car on a dyno or race it befor k pro and im only running about 3psi like i said i don't think it should be running lean? im not trying to come off as a smart ass just asking for info and especially if i only hit psi once to make sure it wasnt set to high.. and i know a re flash isn't reprogrammable but a stock ecu can be re flashed i had it re flashed for my jacksonracing supercharger. and i was just wondering numbers for with someone with a similar set up? im not gonna blow up my engine i drive it about 8 miles a week and thats it, what brand would you guys recommend for a wide band?

and also what size of turbo do you have on you set up? and whats your elevation?

You primary o2 sensor IS a wideband... if you had KPro you would be able to see your AFR's.

well im just wondering what numbers people made im not gonna through my car on a dyno or race it befor k pro and im only running about 3psi like i said i don't think it should be running lean? im not trying to come off as a smart ass just asking for info and especially if i only hit psi once to make sure it wasnt set to high.. and i know a re flash isn't reprogrammable but a stock ecu can be re flashed i had it re flashed for my jacksonracing supercharger. and i was just wondering numbers for with someone with a similar set up? im not gonna blow up my engine i drive it about 8 miles a week and thats it, what brand would you guys recommend for a wide band?
    and also what size of turbo do you have on you set up? and whats your elevation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    You primary o2 sensor IS a wideband... if you had KPro you would be able to see your AFR's.
    The stock ecu, and assuming reflash isn't tuned above atmospheric. because on a normal ep3 you wont ever see positive MAP unless you're blown or boosted. thats why the reflash doesn't work. if you're using a kpro chip to flash a pre pined ecu, you're shorting yourself of the capabilities of kpro, like datalogging and being able to look at your sensors incase you need to. if something were to happen while you're boosted, you should really know what to look for and be able to monitor it from kpro if you need to. its a very useful dianostic tool as well as a tool to tune your vehicle.

so dd'ing a few miles, while not boosting, should be fine. but without a way to monitor your fuel either through kpro or an actual wideband, i highly suggest not boosting, or driving until you get a means of monitoring it.

me and my tuner use innovate motorsports widebands, which uses the same volkwagen/aem UEGO wideband (including Porche) and seems to be the universal wideband to use. you can find the actual sensor on amazon for $30-$50 new, or buy it with a permanent install kit. I chose innovate because i was able to purchase the different sections of the install kit, as i already had the LC-1(like $150) and wideband($50), i bought the gauge later on to make it complete for $80 more. its nice too because if you burn out your wideband or the wires catch and rip or whtever, they are cheaper than Honda widebands (over $100-$200 each, which you could burn out if you drive without a tune.).

check out my signature, it has links to turbo 101 and i also have a boost calculator in there that you can use to gauge your power.

and to answer your question, im on an ebay t3/t4, also in my signature (the words are actually links).

well im gonna do my best to drive it but with to jobs any my only car i got to it was reflashed for a jackson racing supercharger with 9psi so i think ill be ok just until income tax haha

not the same but yeah, gotta do what you gotta do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information