Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ephatch member

jrsc installed but somethins wrong

i just installed a 1st gen jrsc street kit on my ep..stock motor w sri and axle back exhaust w magnaflow muffler..my ac comp was shot so for th time being i bypassed the ac pully w a shorter belt..when we had everthing installed and ready to get the cai back in the car we noticed 2 thin hoses coming from the sc where it bolts to the TB that didnt seem to go anywhere..they look like vac hoses, but i couldnt find anythingn in the instructions that mentioned it..ive also searched the forums w no luck..we decided to plug the lines to avoid a vac leak since were pretty sure theyre vac lines..so the car runs..it honestly seems a bit slower than stock untill i hit wot..then i can tell the boost is there. im running the 5 psi pully..when im between half to 3/4 throttle the power bogs and almost stutters until i get it just before wot..im assuming those hoses were supposed to tap into the bypass or purge valve or at least the vac system, but im not sure. also my friend checked for oil in the charger and thought it was empty and added about 12oz of sc oil..the guy i got the chargr from said he put oil in it already..soooo....if anyone can shed some light on what might have gone wrong id def appreciate it..would putting too much oil in the sc cause problems? the 2 hoses im talking about are from th jrsc manifold and theres no place for them on the stock intake mani..sorry i dont have any pics at the moment but its 2 am here. has anyone had any similar throttle/power loss issues? i have searched all of this w no luck..i really appreciate your guys input..thanks- joep

Using power card?

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    It'll be easier to help out as well when we can get some pics. Can you upload some tonight?

ephatch member
    nope...waiting for vafc to get here...i kno thats a nono, but from what ive gathered with my local tuner he said the car might run a little lean at 5psi if im driving it like an idiot but never said it would act like this..it feels like ive got a vaccume leak..just bogged down..also when im driving w the window down i can hear it hissing even when the blower isnt spinning...i kno i really need to get it tuned, i was just gunna drive it lightly till i got the vafc..right now i feel like i probably have less hp than i started with..thanks- joep

ephatch member
    ill find where he plugged those lines and take a pic today for sure..he ran the hoses into each other assuming they were both vac..when i saw them they were rite next to each other next to the tb and werent long enough to go anywhere...there arent any holes or nipples unaccounted for as far as i know..-joep

Oye.....a VAFC is going to cause more problems than good. There are a couple of members here and there with 310cc Type S injectors, using the powercard, and a 4.0" pulley. I suggest DO NOT get a VAFC. Did the "tuner" sell you it, or are you buying it from another source? I only ask because I think the guy just wants you to buy crap from him at his mark up, and then "tune" your car at his labor cost. A VAFC really honestly doesn't help.

Definatly need some pics to help you out. If you want ill post a pic of mine to compare to. Only diffrece should be is mine has the map relocater

VAFC?

P.S. I should also mention that I DO NOT endorse the use of a powercard, 310cc injectors, and a 4.0" pulley, BUT nobody I know who has done the "ghetto" race kit has actually blown their engine, so it may actually work....

DO NOT drive this car without a real tune or with a VAFC. You're just asking to blow your shit up, ESPECIALLY at Colorado altitude. Your guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Sell it and save up for Kpro if you can't afford it right now. Your trying to save a little money here is going to cost you a lot of money later.

PM me if you need to find a legitimate tuner. There are plenty around here.

lol. vafc. get kpro. dont waste your money on that crap.

VAFC = attack of the ROFLcopter...

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    VAFC = attack of the ROFLcopter...
    I LOL'd.

ephatch member
    i know theres a small vac line for the powercard that im not using..i took the pics but havent had time to load em yet..i know the powercard is supposed to have a vac line that goes to a nipple on my JR IM that im not using that i capped to the one rite next to it that im not using either..there are 2 small nipples on the sc where it bolts to the tb..one goes to the bypass on the sc..i think the otherone was supposed to go to the IM nipple right next to the nipple for the powercard..i think? it seems logical that the blower would have a small vac line going from the TB side of the blower to the IM since the TPS sensor is right there and im having issues at part throttle..the problem is the instructions on JRSC website is for the newer blower..i have a gen 1 and mine has an extra nipple on the TB..the car drives fine unless im at 3/4 throttle, then it boggs down a little until i hit wot, then it pulls just fine..noone is trying to sell me the vafc i just know i need something and i dont have a powercard..the new powercards are cheap enough, but dont work on the gen 1 jrsc i have..i called JR and the black box one is 400 bucks..im not spending that much on a powercard. ill hopefully have a diagnostic ran on it in a few hours so i know what the ecu is reading. i know i need kpro. i know i need a tune. right now i just want to make sure everything is where its supposed to be. thanks guys..-joep
    Last edited by ephatchback; 02-02-2012 at 03:27 PM.

ephatch member

the hose im holding goes from the sc next to the TB to a nipple on the bypass valve, theres another nipple in front of this hose on the sc that is capped right now..i think its supposed to go to one of the nipples on the jr IM right above it..right now i have those 2 nipples on the manifold plugged with a small hose connecting them together. it seems logical that one of the IM nipples would connect to the nipple on the sc i capped..then just cap the nipple that the powercard would usually plug into?
    Last edited by ephatchback; 02-02-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information