Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by K20A EP3 View Post
    Definatly need some pics to help you out. If you want ill post a pic of mine to compare to. Only diffrece should be is mine has the map relocater
    i would def like to see some pics of the throttle body vac lines....thankyou- joep

Brake booster and PCV valve are on the big ports closest to the TB (behind EVAP solenoid).

The bypass valve is hooked up to a small port, as is the MAP sensor (or PowerCard).

For this discussions sake... remaining ports are capped.

Your MAP sensor needs to see boost. It cant because its reading air PRIOR to being compressed by the charger.

You keep insisting something is wrong and dunno why you have no power... its because an engine cant make power on air alone. Since you dont have a Power Card, or a MAP sensor relocator, or KPro... your ECU has NO clue WTF is going on between the throttle body and the head. It has NO idea there is an SC... so it doesnt add FUEL. Youre running LEAN LEAN LEAN.

At this point you need to remove the SC until you can afford either a power card or KPro. If you dont you WILL blow your engine. Even if you only make 1psi... its too much. PERIOD.

Im not trying to be a smartass but i AM trying to instill in you the gravity of what you are doing WRONG. Im trying to save you $$$. You complain about having to buy a PowerCard or KPro... how bout replacing your engine? You cannot baby this around town. You cannot take it easy and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    DO NOT drive this car without a real tune or with a VAFC. You're just asking to blow your shit up, ESPECIALLY at Colorado altitude. Your guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Sell it and save up for Kpro if you can't afford it right now. Your trying to save a little money here is going to cost you a lot of money later.

PM me if you need to find a legitimate tuner. There are plenty around here.
    Listen to this man... please. He will not steer you wrong.

Just in case though... if you decide you need to SELL your charger for funds to rebuild your engine because you failed to accept our suggestions... LMK. Ill give you $850 as is... even if it chewed on a random valve or piston skirts.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    damn this thing must be knocking like a mofo. U better take that supercharger off asap or buy a powercard atleast, Powercard cant be that expensive. Hit up my boy 04ep3hatch, he bought my old JRSC and I gave him the powercard. He just sold the JRSC to another member on here but get in contact with him, he might not still have the powercard or he can contact the guy he sold the kit to because I know the kid isnt runnin the powercard.

yep agree with everyone get a freaken power card do this shit right cause in the end you will love the results of a proper SC engine i know i do cause i love beating newer SIs that think my ep3 sucks lol

Personally, I would not run a power card at 5900ft+, but it would still be better than what you're doing now. My advice is take the charger off until you can afford all of the parts. One of the parts is KPRO. Buy KPRO!

ephatch member
    thanks guys..i have another car for dd..im leaving this thing parked until i get that powercard or at least get the the afr tuned w a piggyback..right now its misfiring on all cylinders..should i relocate the map sensor to the nipple on the new IM right now just to make sure its reading what actually going on? thanks guys..-joep

WOW. The OE ECU cannot add more than 25% fuel long term w/o setting off another CEL. This means you CANNOT just hook your MAP sensor up to a nipple on the SC manifold... you will still run LEAN. LEAN LEAN LEAN. No VAFC. I hear the oh so familiar sound of the approaching ROFLcopter...

YOU NEED A POWER CARD OR KPRO. YOU NEED A POWER CARD OR KPRO. YOU NEED A POWER CARD OR KPRO.

There is no way you can just plug anything up and make it work right now. You have another car... leave your EP alone until you get engine management.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post
    WOW. The OE ECU cannot add more than 25% fuel long term w/o setting off another CEL. This means you CANNOT just hook your MAP sensor up to a nipple on the SC manifold... you will still run LEAN. LEAN LEAN LEAN. No VAFC. I hear the oh so familiar sound of the approaching ROFLcopter...

YOU NEED A POWER CARD OR KPRO. YOU NEED A POWER CARD OR KPRO. YOU NEED A POWER CARD OR KPRO.

There is no way you can just plug anything up and make it work right now. You have another car... leave your EP alone until you get engine management.

Amen. Couldent have said it any better myself
    Last edited by dogula; 03-10-2009 at 06:35 AM.

ephatch member
    thanks everyone for all the help..all i have to go off is what ive been told..when i bough the sc i was told it would run fine w no powercard at 5 psi or lower..i was told by JR that it would blowup..im just trying to get as much info as i can from people that arent trying to sell me something, that have done the same things im trying to do.right now its parked...im going to get engine mngmnt asap and relocate the map and have it tuned..ill let you guys know how it goes..thankyou very much for all the help..im sure you guys probably saved my motor lol..thats why ive been on this forum for the last 10yrs..-joep

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Of course whoever u bought it from told u it wouldn't blow up. They wanted to sell the damn thing

ephatch member
    i wasnt talking bad about the person i bought the sc from,he was more than honest and helpful when it came to the sale and build..i def got my moneys worth..hes a fellow ephatcher.. i was just saying every time i talk to jr tech guys they always tell me my cars gunna blow up tomorrow if i dont buy a 500 dollar part..i just dont want to get ALL my info from a salesman..ok...i found a local who let me wire up his old gen1 blackbox powercard to see how my car would run.i put in 1 step colder plugs and i relocated my map sensor as well...the car runs amazing, but it still misfires on all 4 when im at 3/4 throttle...any ideas? now im getting a bit frustrated..i still need to get my own powercard, but im realizing the misfire issue isnt a tuning issue..if it was misfiring at WOT i wouldnt be suprised, but it only does it a 3/4 throttle..when im WOT it scoots like hell and runs smooth..i remember having some trouble getting my stock fuel rail to sit snug w the bigger spacers, so i just used the stock phenolic spacers to get the rail/injectors in there..theres just too many variables to try and fix over the phone/internet...sorry to waste your guys time on this noob f*&^ing build/long ass posts..-joep

ephatch member
    well holy shit..i started tracking vac lines today and found one that was sinply going from one unused nipple to another unused nipple from my JR mani to my TB..so i pulled the hose and capped both unused nipples, and whaddaya kno...car runs fine..today im going to local kpro dealer and getting it installed and tuned for afr till i can afford some more tuning time..thanks alot guys..sorry for all the obvious stupid shit questions..thanks for all the help..-joep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information