Close

Need a good detail bad!!!

Ok my car needs detail i have so many swirl marks in my paint. I was gonna take it to a proffecional but they want 200 buks and I need to put that to mods instead. So I've hand waxed my car before it looks ok but swirl marks still their I herd clay bar is For that but I'm not too sure how to do that. Can anyone give me sOme pointers I read the sticky on the full detail but it doesn't explain how to do it just what the 5 steps r for a full detail

Cheap details look good for a few months...then tragedy will most likely strike. Clay barring is easy, just removes surface contaminants like tar, overspray, sap, etc, making the paint smooth....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtkQY...eature=related

200 isn't that bad for a full detail. 5 step detail in a nutshell... Step 1 wash step 2 clay step 3 polish/paint correct step 4 sealant step 5 wax.

Sent from my autocorrect butchering device

I just want to do it myself instead of paying but I'm not trying to start buffing my self since I don't want to ruin my paint, and so clay bar doesn't really remove swirls.

Thanx for letting me know the steps again I just read that whOle thread before posting and I know 200 isn't bad just wanted to save it and spend it on something else for the car if I can get my paint to shine myself

You could spend $200 on a Porter Cable buffer, a few pads, a light polish, sealant and wax. Then you can detail your car many times for the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    You could spend $200 on a Porter Cable buffer, a few pads, a light polish, sealant and wax. Then you can detail your car many times for the same price.

I wouldn't recommend detailing your car that much. Every detail takes a little bit of clear of. A oem car comes only with so much clear...
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

autogeek.net
    PSN: theehuggybear

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    todd from esoteric detail put together an EPIC tutorial.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...-pearl-part-1/

woah! bump from beyond the grave.

A very light cut every 3-4 years couldn't really hurt much, coupled with proper wash and protection.
    The important step is full correction the first time.
    A maintenance polish(like m205) once a year isn't going to take much clear coat off at all, not enough to burn or polish off(no heat). At least, not for many many years to come if you want to talk very long term.

Another big factor is previous treatment of the paint, possible repairs and other unknown problems could leave you with paint ruined when polishing(be forewarned...). My input however, was really specifically based on using a porter cable. Known to be a very slow working and relatively safe method of paint correction.

I suggested because of its ease of use, cheap price and longevity of usefulness. Also, it's really a great tool for many other things.

I think learning a new skill, getting a new tool, doing it yourself the right way is all worth it in this case for the OP. At least when compared to a $200 doll up. All that's going to give someone is a much less than perfect "full detail"(full of swirls or scratches that weren't removed). Or, a pound of glazes thrown on the paint to make it look good for a few months.

Its funny you get guys who detail to make money and guys who detail for the love of a good looking car...

I knew a guy who detailed cars at valvoline, was really nervous guy looked like a nut! but he did one hell of a job! best detail especially for a 10 year old car
    Last edited by Draw7Seven; 12-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Walmart buy a turtle pollisher 10 inch 23 bucks buy mcguiers ultimate 20 bucks then you have everything to wax and buff your car then buy the soap for 5 bucks non wax if your gonna wax and then take the time to do it all under 50 bucks and you will have plenty of washes to do for the future save the money do it yourself

Thread Information