Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Jukka's European inspired NHBP SIR

I honestly donno what keeps happening to my old members rides pages, but I guess i gotta start a new one for the 3rd time..lol

ANYWAYS...heres the car

I'm trying to build it as clean as alot of the european type-r's i've seen on the net..

Mods:
    Exterior:
    Full Type-R bumpers and skirts
    OEM European stanley foglights with OEM european fogswitch and wiring
    Modified USDM tails with rear foglight
    HIDs and LEDs everywhere else
    Moogen Spoiler

Interior
    Full black interior
    CTR interior conversion in progress (just needs seats, gauges and 1 piece of the dash)
    Spoon shiftknob
    SHG suede door inserts
    "Chad" style subbox with false floor
    LED interior lights

suspension
    H&R Sport springs
    DC5-S rear swaybar
    Full Hyperflex bushing kit
    Carbing style rear strut bar
    cusco style brake stopper
    Russel braided stainless brake lines

Under the hood
    Hondata airbox with silicone intake hose (being replaced by APEXi power intake soon)
    AEM plug cover
    lightened flywheel
    Exedy Stage 1 clutch
    Braided stainless clutchline
    Corsport Shifter bushings

Bunch of other stuff that I've probably forgot...but lots to go in when the snow melts..

Future Plans
    New/bigger wheels in the spring
    Hopefully will swap in a K20A2 or JRSC within the year
    Mini-wire tuck in the summer
    New hood
    Last edited by Jukka; 02-10-2012 at 04:29 PM.

You got the bumpers and lips on! Looks good dude. Can't wait to see this one. Good job!

Thanks buddy. Still gotta paint the rear lip & bumper in the spring. And the skirts are off for the winter too. Spring means end of school and work time to start..so im gonna get all these parts on the civic asap.

Good stuff mang! We need to organize an Ontario EP meet.

Nice EP!

I'm in for the Ontario Meet!
    Haven't been to any EP meets.

MOOGEN :) i like

any pics of the silicone intake hose?

In for more pics >_<

Quote Originally Posted by si.hatch View Post
    any pics of the silicone intake hose?
    found this one installed...

and prior to install

Not many new pics coming anytime soon....I did snap a few pics of my new reverse lights and my rear fog.
    Rear fog with a PIAA bulb in there

CREE LED bulb..it doesn't look brighter, but because of the projector lens, it lights up my neighbour's car across the street..lol

And the CREE LED reverse lights

I've had them in for about 2 days now and LOVE them. I went out last night when it was snowing and they lit up the entire parking lot behind me. lol.
    Last edited by Jukka; 02-12-2012 at 04:12 PM.

I sourced out a set of JDM center cut rear seats without the headrests locally.

guys asking $150 for the set, but im gonna see if I can swing him down to $100

EDIT: Seats are a no go, the guy seemed wayyy to shady. Call the number he lists, it connects then connect to another number, the guy tells me that he doesnt have an actual shop, hes not willing to let me see them unless I'm willing to be payin for them, he tells me that the seats are exactly as pictures, but he doesnt show the under side of the seats, or the top of them, then tells me its not $150, its $165, then calls me a liar because his post says $150 and he doesnt believe me..then tells me to print off a copy of the post and he will sell it to me at that price. I had a feeling they were too good to be true. Oh well.
    Last edited by Jukka; 02-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.

So since the first set of type-r seats didn't pan out, I found another set at another local shop. I went up to the shop asking about it, the guy tells me "oh..umm..yea i think we got them, just head in the back and take a look"....so i go back, turn the corner and what do I see?

full fledged REAL JDM complete type-r. The guy bought it apparently back in the summer, realized he couldnt legally register it in Canada, tried selling the car (I saw it for sale a few months ago) as a complete car, then decided to start parting it out. It looks the exact same as in the pictures, just minus the front bumper, front seats and center console..I snapped a pic with my cell while the guy wasn't looking, but can't upload it right now. But yet again, another dead end. They wanted like $200 for the set and they had ciggarette stains on it. He also really didn't want to sell the rear seats by them selves, he wanted to sell the entire rest of the interior for $1000. But wow...its the first time I've seen a RHD or JDM Type-R. I saw a few LHD ones in my travels to europe, but never a RHD.

Oh well, hopefully I'll find a set sometime soon for a reasonable price.

AKA Purple94coupe Euro-Yellow-Ep3's Avatar
    good luck bro youll find those seats one day

those reverse lights are sooooo sick !! pm me how you do that!!!!!!

Well, looks like my EP might be gettin even more european. I'm applying for a summer job (June to August) in Germany where I'm gonna be traveling around the country to a different city each week, and I get a few weeks off too to do what ever I want to do. So I'm gonna pretty much save up every cent I can between now and then (if i get this job), and spend a chunk of it at auto wreckers while im over there. That and I'm probably gonna go travel to some other countries to go see some friends, and maybe catch a WRC rally.

Got some new stuff in the mail today...

*Thanks to Liquid Cool*
    And did a tally of all my un-installed parts. The list is:
    Rear half of Proflex kit
    Skunk2 rear control arms
    Skunk2 rear camber arms
    BDL fuel rail
    BEAKS tiebar
    Blox intake manifold gasket
    CTR Drivers dash pocket (still debating if i want to install this or not, gotta pull the entire dash for it)
    Shaved "Spoon" yellow valve cover
    Injen CIA (got it for free, not in the greatest condition, might make it into a SRI)
    Braided wire loom (going to clean up ugly OEM convoluted tubing crap)
    POR15 (coated my front frame rails and rad support in the summer, going to do the rest of the car this summer)
    CTR rear bumper and lip (still need to refinish it in black)
    CTR sides (had them on temporarly, but they fell off. Thinking of gettin my buddy to actually drill into the body and mount them properly using clips)
    Moogen spoiler (might sell it, donno yet, still mixed feelings on it)

Parts I'm tracking down..
    European style front seat belt. They have an S shaped mounting point rather than a single bolt.
    CTR Cluster (don't wanna spend the $200+ i keep finding them for online here, so im trying to track one down privately)
    JDM rear rebar (or get mine modified)
    I'm gonna start looking for a 5lug swap when i get some extra cash
    NACA duct - my OEM hood needs some work, so I might do something kinda different with it
    K20A2 - Kinda wanna swap. My A3 is getting up there in KM and I wouldn't mind a bit more power. Plus I want real VTEC.
    CTR Recaros or CTR seat covers (my drivers seat is starting to get a big haggard) or some sort of race seat

I'm still torn on what I'm gonna do this summer, but I have a job interview tomorrow with a new company, so I will actually be making some decent $ again. Will keep this thing as up to date as possible as i get more stuff/start building again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information