Close

Unhappy Water getting into Car

Alright guys so there is water leaking into my car, above the driver and passenger side. Where the windshield and headliner meet, so basically right behind the sun visors. Not sure if its the windshield thats allowing the water to get in or something else. Does this happen to anyone else? Its only drops and its not constant but it is annoying and when its heavy rain its more consistent. Any help is much appreciated it.
    Last edited by bluedemonep3; 02-15-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: errors

have someone with a hose spray that area while you sit in the car and find out where it is, simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by OP-AMP View Post
    have someone with a hose spray that area while you sit in the car and find out where it is, simple as that
    I know it might be the seal that runs along the top of the winshield, but idk if there is something i can do to that to fix it

open your sunroof on a dry day, stick an air gun(few bucks at harbor freight) in the hole and blast away. It sounds like your sunroof drain is either loose or clogged. I've taken apart many cars to fix these problems, it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    open your sunroof on a dry day, stick an air gun(few bucks at harbor freight) in the hole and blast away. It sounds like your sunroof drain is either loose or clogged. I've taken apart many cars to fix these problems, it sucks.
    thanks man, and where exactly do i blow with the gun? and what should i look for to see if its clogged or damaged etc?

on all four corners of the sunroof there are little holes attached to hoses allowing water to drain, stick the blow gun in the hole and blow each one out. You'll be able to tell if it was clogged if there was any resistance

Quote Originally Posted by whatsvtec View Post
    on all four corners of the sunroof there are little holes attached to hoses allowing water to drain, stick the blow gun in the hole and blow each one out. You'll be able to tell if it was clogged if there was any resistance
    thanks for the help man, imma do this on my day off and see what happens.

Thread Information