Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

k24 swap question, Intake Manifold fitment .. yes ive searched....

Hey everyone. I am researching in prep for a k24a2 swap into my ep3.

I believe that I have everything worked out for the swap as far as what will be required, what will need to be modified... etc

understand that my first goal with the swap is to just get the motor in the car, and get it running reliably. I will worry about power after that.

The motor im looking at does not have an intake manifold on it, and overall the only part of this swap that i am still unclear on is the Intake Manifold situation.

I spent all night searching last night and frankly the information is scattered and confusing ( why cant we just call the manifolds out by the car they came from , TSX, RSX, CTR instead of using all these confusing ass codes... )

So where i think i landed was here: If i use the TSX Intake manifold ( uhh thats RBB right ) it should clear my radiator support, but i will need the karcepts Throttle Body adapter to get my ep3 throttle body to mount to the TSX intake manifold. BUT my injen Intake is not going to fit, so I'm going to need to fabricate a new one.

Why cant I just use the K20a3 Manifold thats already on the EP3? As i understand it it SHOULD fit, i just have to tap the coolant port in the k24a2 head and block it off so that coolant does not sploosh out (yes.. sploosh!). Would having the ep3 manifold on the car drastically hamper the performance of the k24?

secondly, since the motor im buying does not come with a manifold or fuel rail/ injectors, I'm going to have to buy those separate. Stock TSX injectors are the 310CC RSX-S injectors yes?

Why don`t you just get RBC IM ? It`s less than 200 and the adapter 50-60. Less hassle and more power.
    I saw somewhere that tsx and rsx injectors are identical,but never compared part numbers.

You can't use the TSX manifold because the throttle body will not bolt up. You can't use the ep3 manifold because the manifold and coolant port are 2 pieces instead of 1 piece like you will need. This means you get a couple options.

New manifold with a throttle body adapter.

Ep3 manifold with intake manifold adapter.

Check my fs thread in my sig. I have a manifold adapter for sale. You can see what it looks like and why the ep3 mani won't work.

As far as I know tsx (RBB) IM can be used. Just need adapter for ep3 TB.

for the love of god.. enough with the confusing Manfiold codes.. whats an rbc manifold?

update.. NM.. RBC is the 06+ civic SI manifold. as i understand that one will require me to cut my radiator support.. which im really trying not to do.

i see you have a k24 rail for sale though.. is that the one that comes stock on the TSX manifold.. b/c i THINK thats the manifold i am going to go with.

again.. performance wise.. which do we feel is best.. TSX manifold, EP3 manifold, or 06+ civic SI manifold?
    Last edited by cyllarus; 02-24-2012 at 12:36 PM.

06-11 Si manifold.

Since you don't want to hack up your core support, use the RBB (TSX) manifold. You will need to use the Karcepts adapter for the EP3 throttle body because the TSX manifold uses a different hole pattern for bolting down the throttle body.

The TSX head is cast differently than the heads on the RSX and EP3, that's why you cannot swap manifolds easily. You will need to use an adapter fittied between the head and manifold if you wish to use your PRB (EP3/RSX) manifold.

Also, piecing together your own intake is really not that difficult. You can buy parts at your local parts store (Advance, O'Reilly, Autozone, etc.).

Don't forget to install the passenger side CR-V K24 bracket to mount your K24. Once these things are cleared up, it's plug and play. That is assuming you have Kpro.

Quote Originally Posted by cyllarus View Post
    for the love of god.. enough with the confusing Manfiold codes.. whats an rbc manifold?

update.. NM.. RBC is the 06+ civic SI manifold. as i understand that one will require me to cut my radiator support.. which im really trying not to do.

i see you have a k24 rail for sale though.. is that the one that comes stock on the TSX manifold.. b/c i THINK thats the manifold i am going to go with.

again.. performance wise.. which do we feel is best.. TSX manifold, EP3 manifold, or 06+ civic SI manifold?

That rail and injectors are straight off a k24a2. And all you will need to use that Mani is a throttle body adapter. I ended up tossing the TSX Mani aside and never test fit it. I used that adapter for my JRSC. For overall power I would use the TSX mani with a tb adapter rather than the ep3 with mani adapter.

any one-piece manifold with a coolant port is going to need the adapter. its the 3 listed below:

the the jdm type r (08+?) intake manifold (rrc) should clear the support, its slightly shorter than the rbc. flows better than rbc.
    06+ si (rbc) only needs you to cut out a little bit, you can use a dremmel to shave it down its not much.
    the tsx (rbb) manifold angles up, you can just get a silicone elbow to fit your intake on to it. no biggie.

the ep3/rsx (prb) manifold obviously doesn't have the port, you'll need to take the tsx port to fit a 90* NPT fitting (straight up 90 degree bend, no smooth bent pipe or anything, it wont clear the throttle body) - and its probably not the best idea to put a crap flowing manifold on there with the addition to all the work. makes no sense. unless you're trying to save some money. which is somewhat moot if you can afford a tsx motor and kpro and all that.

the ep3-r/dc5-r (prc) manifold flows good too, looks like a prb manifold. the prb and prc allow the tb to bolt on, but you still need to tap the coolant port.

i say tap the port, regardless. so for whatever reason you can put an adapter on there if you need to. and by the tb adapter.

i think I'm going to go with the TSX manifold, and the karcepts TB adaptor plate. Seems to be the mosth straightforward install with no cutting / tapping / fabrication.

Power-wise.. if the IM becomes my limiting factor.. I'll be in good shape. :)

So Attari, the TB adaptor you have in your FS post is the one i need ( thought i needed karcepts )

As soon as i secure the purchase of the motor I will come looking for that fuel rail .. dont happen to have the TSX manifold that you got it off do you ;)

I have the manifold adapter to use an ep3 mani to k24 head. No tb adapter unfortunately.

The fuel rail is off the TSX mani and yes I do have the manifold still too. I managed to keep everything from my k24a2 swap. So if you need anything. I probably have it somewhere.

There's a thread dedicated to the k24 swap. Grab a bag ofpopcorn and start reading lol

Civic 5 lug. respect your car and what you've done. but notice the title of the thread.

I've read multiple posts about k24 swaps on this site, and k20a.org
    yes.. ive read all 22 pages of the k24 comment thread.

id accept your comment if what i had posted was "yoe manz i wantz da do da swap whats i need!!!1!1!!"

But i asked a very directed question. one that if you did the searching yourself you'd find is not answered clearly and concisely in any posts. especially the question about how the tsx manifold stacks against the 06+ si and stock EP3 manifolds as far as performance.

dont feel i deserved the "go search you moron" reply.

Attari, go ahead and see if you can get the TSX manifold/injectors/rail together. And how much would you want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by cyllarus View Post
    Civic 5 lug. respect your car and what you've done. but notice the title of the thread.

I've read multiple posts about k24 swaps on this site, and k20a.org
    yes.. ive read all 22 pages of the k24 comment thread.

id accept your comment if what i had posted was "yoe manz i wantz da do da swap whats i need!!!1!1!!"

But i asked a very directed question. one that if you did the searching yourself you'd find is not answered clearly and concisely in any posts. especially the question about how the tsx manifold stacks against the 06+ si and stock EP3 manifolds as far as performance.

dont feel i deserved the "go search you moron" reply.

Attari, go ahead and see if you can get the TSX manifold/injectors/rail together. And how much would you want for it?
    Let me piece everything together tomorrow when I'm at my shop and I will check condition and pm you a price and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by AKEP View Post
    any one-piece manifold with a coolant port is going to need the adapter. its the 3 listed below:

the the jdm type r (08+?) intake manifold (rrc) should clear the support, its slightly shorter than the rbc. flows better than rbc.
    06+ si (rbc) only needs you to cut out a little bit, you can use a dremmel to shave it down its not much.
    the tsx (rbb) manifold angles up, you can just get a silicone elbow to fit your intake on to it. no biggie.

the ep3/rsx (prb) manifold obviously doesn't have the port, you'll need to take the tsx port to fit a 90* NPT fitting (straight up 90 degree bend, no smooth bent pipe or anything, it wont clear the throttle body) - and its probably not the best idea to put a crap flowing manifold on there with the addition to all the work. makes no sense. unless you're trying to save some money. which is somewhat moot if you can afford a tsx motor and kpro and all that.

the ep3-r/dc5-r (prc) manifold flows good too, looks like a prb manifold. the prb and prc allow the tb to bolt on, but you still need to tap the coolant port.

i say tap the port, regardless. so for whatever reason you can put an adapter on there if you need to. and by the tb adapter.
    There are a number of people that would disagree with your comment about the ep3/rsx intake (prb) being crap... I agree with you about tapping the coolant port regardless.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information