Close

Thread: tokiko dspec

tokiko dspec

Its time to change my struts ive been riding on stock since i was lowered back in 2004. Im thinking about tokico dspec what are you guys opinion on this shocks. Ive search but it seems like everyone is using konis but i dont want all that work to put them in. Im lowered on hr 2" springs by the way. Thanks.

I'm in the market looking for a different brand because all the tokico brands seem to die way to fast. I had a set a blues (HP) lasted a year and a half, (d spec) maybe a yr and and one last final set of blues on the car now and it's been about a yr and a half. They dont last worth a shit. That is why they are the cheapest as well. Save your money and get something half way decent

bit by the mod bug.. ohdamngetit's Avatar
    I've had my D-Specs on with Progress Drop Springs for 3 years now... no problems :)

So dspec is decent then.

bit by the mod bug.. ohdamngetit's Avatar
    IMO, I would say so. I've done my " spirited driving " and the suspension handled no problem. I've set the suspension from hard to soft to middle countless times ( which is very easy btw ) and they're still good.

ive had them for 4 years. d specs with hr springs. no issues although i think my rears are starting to blow a bit. Not as stiff as they once were. They are a solid strut!

I have dspec with h&r spring work good. Selling them soon putting coils on but ride really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Coldth1 View Post
    I have dspec with h&r spring work good. Selling them soon putting coils on but ride really nice
    I second that setup. What I have on my car. Adjusting the struts is very simple, and doesn't require a special key (though they give you one), but it's just an allen wrench spoke.

3-4 years, and still going on strong.

Thread Information