Close

a2 swap questions

I just recently swapped the a 2002 k20a2 in my 05 ep. The trans was cracked once i pulled the motor from the rsx so as of now i have the stock 5 speed from my a3 on the a2 motor and still using the ep3 wiring harness. Changed clutch and flywheel out when i did the swap. Everything else is changed over and car fired right up on my pnf ecu. then i hooked up the prb ecu with the hybrid racing immobilizer and car fired right up and no CEL at all, but my tach and speedometer do not work now.

I thought it might be the ecu not reading my ep3 sensors, so i swapped the speed sensor off of the a2 trans and still no tach or speedo. I can hook back up my pnf ecu and it all registers just fine. Need a little help. And I have searched before hand for 2 days and can't find anything on this. Thanks for any advice.

Jacob

Correction - Now the speedometer is working, but still not tach.

we posted wiring diagrams on the articles pages, http://www.ephatch.com/forum/content...iring-Diagrams

did everything work, tech / speedo with the PNF ECU? and now it will not work with the PRB ecu?

Yeah, I hook back up the pnf without the immobilizer unit and it all works. Only advice shops around charlotte have said is check grounds, which i have checked all of them or faulty ecu. which the car i pulled the a2 out of was rolled.

hey did you get anything figured out yet? well just letting you know we are having a meet in statesville if you are interested in going on the 17th of march alot of us are going to be attending ill check with the guys and see if any of them have a prb ecu laying around
    Last edited by cow; 03-14-2009 at 09:06 AM.

Nothing yet, car seems to be running fine too. Another prb ecu would really help to see if thats the case. Just pm me the info for the meet in statesville.

ok cool ill let you know

Did you try the prb. Ecu?
    After all .

Thread Information