Mod are
    JDM k20a
    Injen cold air intake with velocity stacks
    Blackworks race headers
    custom 2.5inch exhaust
    Rdx 410cc injector
    Skunk2 intake manifold
    Hybrid racing throttle body 74mm

I was expecting to be in the 22xwhp but i got hudge restriction in the neck(its bend to fit) of the cold air and my exhaust is not mendrel bend

Last edited by sir_2002; 03-08-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Nice. Not bad numbers at all considering they make 220hp at the crank stock. You basically were able to make up for all of the drivetrain loss.

When compared to 05-06 RSX-S (K20Z1) the numbers are practically identical...

If I had to choose I would probably just buy a Z1 and PRC manifold and call it a day.

I would check your compression numbers, my friend with his 06 RSX-S pulled 217 whp Kpro tuned with just an ebay header, ebay intake, and T1R 63mm exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    When compared to 05-06 RSX-S (K20Z1) the numbers are practically identical...

If I had to choose I would probably just buy a Z1 and PRC manifold and call it a day.

I would check your compression numbers, my friend with his 06 RSX-S pulled 217 whp Kpro tuned with just an ebay header, ebay intake, and T1R 63mm exhaust.
    Different dynos are going to give different numbers. That's a nice flat curve. That's all I'd really worry about.

If I had to guess I'd say that's probably a case of a good Z1 or a high reading dyno as opposed to a bad K20A, just based on the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    Different dynos are going to give different numbers. That's a nice flat curve. That's all I'd really worry about.

If I had to guess I'd say that's probably a case of a good Z1 or a high reading dyno as opposed to a bad K20A, just based on the numbers.
    Definitely.

I can't see the dyno chart, whatever he's using as a image hosting the web filter on my network at work is blocking it lol.

I want to get a copy of my friend's chart, maybe you're right, maybe it was a freak engine.

After doing some reading though, I found that the Z1 uses the K20A intake cam...same part #.

Wtf you cannot see the dyno chart ? Btw i use imageshack

And for the compression it would'nt be a bad idea even if my engine run's well

Yea I can't see the chart, US Air Force blocks imageshack and a few other image hosting sites. I forgot which but there are only a couple that they don't block.

Run a compression test and come back with the numbers, you might be surprised!

I will only be able to get the number once i receive my car from paint, in about 2-3week

If i have compression leak i'm going to cry lol supercharge project will be over, till i rebuilt the engine :(

Quote Originally Posted by USAF EP3 View Post
    The Kpro ECU allows tuning whereas it sounds like this guy is using an OEM Type R ECU that's not tunable. Also, the T1R exhaust is helping your friend out a little too.

Hey sir_2002! I'm curious what fuel you're using without Kpro? Also, I like the spike upwards after 8'500rpm. Looks as though she likes to be revved ;)

Also, I like that a 2L engine is making 218WHP. That's one efficient engine! Go Honda go! Domestics need a 3.4-3.8L engine to make the same power.
    Last edited by DA9_GSR; 05-03-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Some YouTube people would tell you that a Honda Type R anything is well into the 1,000,000's of horsepowers

dynapacks read 7-8% higher since the power is to the hub, that 7-8% is lost once the power is transfered to the wheel.

your numbers are very low for a type r motor with mods

the low numbers are probably because of my bad tune...

at first when i got dynoed at 217whp i was running 97mph at 1/4miles

then another tunning ask me to send him the map and a datalog for etune (after a question on bad spark plug color i have asked on another forum)
    here the pic of the spark plug after my dyno tune 218whp not looking good...

So the other tunner sended my the new mapping and i runned 100mph on quarter mile and notice hp in my butt dyno haha

So i would have probably gain couple of whp on dyno with the new mapping
    Last edited by sir_2002; 05-03-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fEPst3r View Post
    dynapacks read 7-8% higher since the power is to the hub, that 7-8% is lost once the power is transfered to the wheel.

your numbers are very low for a type r motor with mods
    I wouldn't call it very low at all. You're talking about a motor that made 220hp at the crank. There is also power lost between the crank and the hub. To make up these losses with the mods he has is nothing to scoff at.

ive seen 230+ on dynapacks with similar mods on an a2, so with a better tune he should be making around the same.

Next time on dyno will be with the JRSC in mid june

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information