Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

AttarixEp TURBO build!!!!! Slow Process, Big Results

Hey guys, decided now's as good a time as any to start my turbo build thread! It's going to be a slow methodical process, but well worth it!

My basic set up will be K24a2 with an HTA 35r turbo on E85 to a goal of 650+whp

The bay will be undergoing transformation as well. Specific set up will remain secret until it is done. Not doing a full shave super crazy clean. The car will be driven and beat from time to time, and I will show it the same. Basically cleaning up the bay with a wire tuck, braided lines, and most importantly....... ditching the ugly sheet metal core support for a full chromolly tube setup (details will remain secret so the guys with the big bucks who find this on Google don't go and copy)

Feel free to comment! This will be a long process as I have a big year ahead of me financially, going to Europe for 2 weeks, along with finishing off the majority of my loans this year.

First was pull the K24 (previously JRSC tuned to 293whp)
    Following strict directions written up by a guy I work with:

JRSC and front end pulled

Couple chains and elbow grease along with one swift "tug"

Block in the rental minivan. Sent out to Innovative Motorworks in Carlisle Pa to be built by D-Rob. Amazing guys who do some great work. Highly recommend as they came recommended to me VIA a local guy on K20a. Block undergoing full sleeving process by Benson, to 87mm. Cp 10.8:1 pistons, Manley turbo tuff rods. (will be getting this allback in just a few short weeks!)

K24a2 head will be getting the following goodies.
    Brian Crower stage 2 cams, Supertech: valves(both sides), dual springs, seats, retainers, seals, keepers.
    Valves will be 5 angle cut

More to come with more info. That's all I got for now. Enjoy and keep checking back!
    Last edited by RHCP0801; 03-15-2009 at 05:26 PM.

NOICE!

like where this is goin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nice, clever way to pull the motor... heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    nice, clever way to pull the motor... heheheh
    It's parked in a 10x20 garage. The car was as far back as it could go, the hoist was as far back as it could go. Being the guy spending all the money and time. I was controlling the hoist while my buddy was on the business end : )

big cheese big power. Lookin good

if you were gonna sleeve it why not bump it to 88mm

Quote Originally Posted by fEPst3r View Post
    if you were gonna sleeve it why not bump it to 88mm
    Because realistically with guys hitting those numbers on 86mm k20 blocks, 87 is plenty sufficient. The sleeves are going in for protection and reliability more than for giving me more material to go bigger. Not saying this can't change one day.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    The sleeves are going in for protection and reliability more than for giving me more material to go bigger.

Its not always about pushing the limits.

gonna be a beast

can you send me a PM on how much they charging you to do the headwork and block? They going to put the two together and basically give you a short block?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    can you send me a PM on how much they charging you to do the headwork and block? They going to put the two together and basically give you a short block?
    Pm sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ba82Ep3 View Post

Its not always about pushing the limits.
    That's how I feel. I think if I didn't care about pushing the limits, all those pics would be of turbo parts, and I would have a dyno printout posted already. But it's only a matter of time before I post a "WTF happened to my engine" thread.

Also I hate the feeling of, "wonder how hard I'm pushing this engine? I'm 40 miles from home, how much is a flat bed going to cost if it blows up right now?"

Because realistically with guys hitting those numbers on 86mm k20 blocks, 87 is plenty sufficient. The sleeves are going in for protection and reliability more than for giving me more material to go bigger. Not saying this can't change one day.

That's how I feel. I think if I didn't care about pushing the limits, all those pics would be of turbo parts, and I would have a dyno printout posted already. But it's only a matter of time before I post a "WTF happened to my engine" thread.

To me... this ^ is the difference between a 'tuner' gearhead and your average person that assembles purchased parts for dyno sheets/internet cred. Theres a difference between BUILDING something, and just slappin shit together.

I dont say this to step on any toes. I dont think we really have anyone on here that blows wads of $$$ on a build without some form of personal involvement... but there are plenty of these types to be found on other sites...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information