Close

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    So you just purchased the manifold only from full race? Your gonna piece everything else? Interesting. How much you think your gonna save by doing it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    So you just purchased the manifold only from full race? Your gonna piece everything else? Interesting. How much you think your gonna save by doing it that way?
    Turbo parts wont be purchased until later this year. It all depends the route I take with getting parts. Full-race kit with the turbo option I am choosing, is just over $7,000. If I piece it together through them, however, they said they would keep it as close to kit price shipped as possible. Their turbo manifold is their priciest part other than the turbo itself, but you get their warranty with it. I will be looking into having the other parts (intercooler and pipes, downpipe, etc) custom made, and see what the price difference is vs how a custom set up would benefit me any more than a kit set up.

Basically, if I can see better gains from a custom set-up that costs $100 more per part, I will take that option. If custom is the same price and output as the full-race kit, I will go full-race for the warranty on all parts. If custom is the same output, no power or flow losses, and costs $100 less per part, well, that's an obvious choice there.

More mail today from ERL Performance via Hybrid-Racing. Brand new modified S2000 oil pump!

i hope u get everything covered from top to bottom on your exciting upcoming build, i have a buddy that i have helped throughout his uild and his motor is fully built nearly the same setup u running except cams and has 2150cc injectors and once u get up to the 600's it just gets harder to meet the goal, he was stuck at 630 and ran out of fuel, no needs fuel cell setup or something like that to achieve 700+. And the thing is that now with all that money invested he cant even get it to hook on the street that he gets pulled by lower hp cars. Best of luck and ill be on the look out as u progress..

Top to bottom is definitely covered. Fuel, FIC 2150 for E85, I'm looking into the DW 300lph in tank with Bosch 044 inline to provide the fuel. As far as traction though, That's a battle and a half on my mind. Built tranny with LSD obviously, I will be on 255/40's all around, and by that time, there will be a hundred more tires options out there. My best bet is the width on a super sticky DOT tire in the mid 20psi range for street. There really is only so much one can do. Luckily I work at a place where I can order in all kinds of tires and at least try them out until I find one that gives best results. Either that, or I will be on M/T at all times doing burnouts on on-ramps. :)

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    Top to bottom is definitely covered. Fuel, FIC 2150 for E85, I'm looking into the DW 300lph in tank with Bosch 044 inline to provide the fuel. As far as traction though, That's a battle and a half on my mind. Built tranny with LSD obviously, I will be on 255/40's all around, and by that time, there will be a hundred more tires options out there. My best bet is the width on a super sticky DOT tire in the mid 20psi range for street. There really is only so much one can do. Luckily I work at a place where I can order in all kinds of tires and at least try them out until I find one that gives best results. Either that, or I will be on M/T at all times doing burnouts on on-ramps. :)
    yea those m/t's are trash he spent so much money on those for his 15's team dynamics and still spin all through 3rd and 4th!! And only used them at the most 6 times in 2 months and their officially gone. Now the word id that hoosiers is the way to go.

btw he also has a built tranny, ppg 1-4th and lsd.. Im telling you anything 600hp+ is roadkill for fwd, i been there and seen it, thats why my goal is 450 and im done..

I have my work cut out and don't expect full traction, especially on street tires, I will probably be trying boost by gear too to see how much that can improve it in lower gears.

Quote Originally Posted by AttarixEp View Post
    I have my work cut out and don't expect full traction, especially on street tires, I will probably be trying boost by gear too to see how much that can improve it in lower gears.
    And thats the solution my fellow member, thats the only one thing i blve my buddy hasnt had dialed in presicely. I also myself will be looking into getting the solenoid and have it dialed in to my preference.

M & H slicks are pretty much the best for the track. I don't care what u get for the street, nothing is going to hook like you want it to. 650 is a lot, rwd awd or fwd. 650 is 650.

I'm curious as to why you went with the RBC, rather than a IPS or other high flowing intake manifold. Also, curious as to the TSX gasket, rather than a Cometic. As to the intake, you are going to have to flow a ton of air, to get 650 to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    M & H slicks are pretty much the best for the track. I don't care what u get for the street, nothing is going to hook like you want it to. 650 is a lot, rwd awd or fwd. 650 is 650.

I'm curious as to why you went with the RBC, rather than a IPS or other high flowing intake manifold. Also, curious as to the TSX gasket, rather than a Cometic. As to the intake, you are going to have to flow a ton of air, to get 650 to the ground.
    my buddy is still on the rbc and making good power and still more to be made, cometic hg are trash thats why probably he went oem, i would tooo,..

i've only heard the oem was best on a k.

The RBC is enough manifold to make the power. Shaved to match my TB is all that it will get. Oem gasket is a multi layer, and unless your going above stock bore, I dont see a reason to use anything else.

Haven't updated in a while. No I haven't lost interest and sold the car and every part I bought. The whole longblock assembly is currently being built and assembled and IMW as we speak! Block came back from Benson's with brand new sleeves. Full assy top to bottom and all new valvetrain is going in. One of my oil squirter ports (k24a2 block) was damaged in the process, so we ultimately decided to block them all off, which going turbo, is actually the better idea in the end in order to feed my monster enough oil.

I will post pics when I get it shipped back!

Also, my apologies to differentK for making D-Rob to busy to tune your car...

haha no worries man- im sure John is up to the task. Drob has enough on his plate to deal with my new boost/ meth setup lol

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information