Close

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepy ep3 View Post
    Get used to it, lol. The price sheet always gets longer.
    Not just longer, it never ends.

Nice setup there man.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 02_epdriver View Post
    Nice setup there man.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It's been coming along nicely.

UPDATE! Long block is done and back! Thanks to Bensons, and Derek and IMW! Saving up for the trans build. In the mean time, I will be getting the engine coated, assembled and mounted with the trans in the bay for mock up to measure for the tube front end and brake line/wire tuck

The hint of what lurks beneath

Assembled and awaiting my next move (mind the multi color valve cover, It's a spare and I was testing out a lime candy paint)

Head with full supertech k20 spec valve train and Brian Crower stage 2 cams
    Last edited by FELON-K20; 03-31-2009 at 02:05 PM.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Really? Someone delete this garbage on this guys build thread. What junk

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Really? Someone delete this garbage on this guys build thread. What junk
    Say what???

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    U had a huge spam post on ur thread. Mods deleted it, but left my post lol. Spam is like the plague on this forum lately

Oh. Good looking out, I haven't been on for quite some time and noticed a lot of weird stuff going on. Probably why it makes me log in every time I refresh.

Updating the thread staring here

Updating my old build thread to start/continue a new one with a little more detailed info on everything going on.

This build is still in progress after over 2 years and most likely going to be lasting into 3 years, but the results have been and will be well worth it.

The car is a 2002 Civic Si I bought 6 years ago as a birthday present to myself. It had roughly 70K miles on the clock with a stock K20a3. That soon got boosted with the help of a JRSC, Hondata, and a couple bolt ons. I beat my fair share of cars with that set-up until I slipped up and missed a gear causing the K20a3 to over-rev, jump timing and send a piston into a valve. That led to a winter of swapping in a K24a2 with the same JRSC set-up as before. Since this was my daily, and I was relying on a whole lot of rides to work and back, it had to go in quick. The first setup was tuned to 263whp. Over the next few months, I added some crucial supporting mods and upped the boost which led to a tune at 311whp. That winter, I decided to store the Ep and pick up a beater, and build a new engine on the side. On my way to work, the beater decided to piss coolant and over heat the same day I emailed my insurance agent to off my full coverage insurance on the Ep. I took the Ep up to Autozone to order a coolant housing. 2 days later I'm driving home from work to go pick up the housing, driving my usual backroad, and unfortunately ended up slamming into a deer..... This led to what you will see below and a build with a slew of custom fit parts and a goal to reach as close to 800whp as I can.

Before I start the pics and descriptions I would like to thank a few people who have been involved and continue to be involved in this long build

-No credit card companies. Hard earned money only. It's tough, but the best way.
    -D-Rob at IMW for continued support and aid as well as putting his skilled hands to work on the long block build, and the only tuner I will choose to take this car to it's goal.
    -My best friend Justin for always coughing up his diesel when the car needs towed anywhere.
    -My Girlfriend, our 7 year old daughter, and our upcoming baby who not only let me continue the build, but highly support it!
    -Craig Bures from bureskustommotorsports.com who spent 2 years convincing me to let him build a new front end, then spend 4 months custom fitting every part to it, and giving me shit any time I tried to stray from building this car the right way.
    -Darren Rick from Diamond Fab for the custom stainless work
    -My Dad for buying me one part in order to say he had a part in the build!
    -All the sales reps for help with all the parts I've decided to order plus many more to come.

If you guys want a full mods/parts list or ask anything, let me know and I will edit a list and answer anything.

K24a2 build with the JRSC tuned to 311whp. Perfect for a fun daily

How the car was driven back after the fatal deer attack.

Tucked in a 10x20 unit. Work has to start somewhere.
    Dash removed to take out some heavy items hidden within

Bare block on the way to IMW for some Benson's sleeves and full rebuild. Cylinders were damaged at some point during stock piston removal, didn't notice until I flipped the block over. Squirters were plugged, and damage was not into the cast aluminum so block was saved, sleeved, and then notched out for the rods.

Block built at IMW by D-Rob

Block before/after paint. Ended up going with satin black to finish off the look

Golden Eagle MFG manifold before/after satin black powder coat

Custom manifold by Diamond Fab. Fabbed up on a K-swapped teg. Made to fit a PTE 6766 and Tial 60mm.

Getting bolted in for the first time in 2 years. A lot of changes thus far

Car heading out to Bures Kustom Motorsports for a whole lot of fab work...

While the car is at BKM, I chose bring some life back to an old suede Sparco wheel. Wheel was owned by a good friend of mine he used in his old Prelude. He gave this to me for this car. Unfortunately he passed in a car accident as a passenger. Chose to memorialize him on his old wheel to help keep the car on track.

Shots of the progress that went down at BKM...
    First bend.
    Nothing beats a Father/Son shop set on perfection.

Fabbing up a new subframe bracket and mount.
    Misc shots to finished product..
    Tow hook location

On the way back to the tiny unit for more work.

Local dealer had this on display in the parts room, managed to talk them into selling!
    Getting ready to start the new engine harness. Tefzel wire via Race Spec

Keep an eye out for more updates as time goes on. Thanks for checking out my hefty project!

Just picked up an 8 gal dual sump fuel cell. Came out of the BKM Camaro after he upgraded to a larger cell.

I was browsing through my old lap top and found this. This is my old friend's wheel he used years ago. I'm using in it this car as a memorial to him, so I wanted to keep the original suede. Spent a little time to bring it back to life.

good stuff here....

Thanks. I was browsing through your thread too. Very nice!

I was reading this on k20a a while ago. Glad you decided to bring everything over here too. It looks great.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Just had to the find the time to transfer it all to here too. I'll try to find some time and get the parts list (so far) posted up too.

To clear anything up. Updated posts start on post #69. Rather than starting a second thread.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information