Close

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    looks clean man roll with it... I ended up painting man black so it kind of hides it haha

Transmission finished. Built by Shaun at QCP Gear.

VERY NICE... what gear set is that by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    VERY NICE... what gear set is that by the way?
    PPG 1-2 dogbox. Overhauled all the bearings and seals From Honda. M-factory diff.

sick

Thank you thank you. This was the last big hurdle in the build. Should start making some serious progress now.

Transmission update: It was done until further discussion with Shaun changed my mind a little bit. instead of leaving 3/4 stock. I decided to opt for the 3/4 set from Albins to pair with the already installed PPG dogbox 1/2.

You will not have to worry about the tranny man.... thats actually next for me once I get back from this next deployment
    Last edited by BlownSi05; 05-21-2009 at 10:26 AM.

You will not have to worry about the tranny man.... thats actually next for me once I get back from this next deployment
    I'm not worried anymore about it. It's pretty much indestructible at this point.

Transmission finally done! Full specs along with pics and a write up can be found here... http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...nsmission-Help

Not an update, but a question... Anyone with an Ep3. I'm looking to fit 13" drag wheels. Currently have a wilwood BBK which will only fit down to a 15". Their drag brake kit still says min of 15". I looked on fastbrakes and they only offer 5 lug kits. Will 13's fit over stock front brakes? Any good info on pads/rotors if so? Anyone have better info or experience 13's on this chassis?

Yo attarix, first off thanks for the info on the tranny and what shim you used. That will save a lot of headaches down the line.

As for your question, I dont know of any aftermarket brake kits that will allow a 13in wheel. Now our previous year civics like the eg rotors and calipers do clear 13in wheels. I have been putting some thought into myself but I have not went through with it because the size slick I want to run fits on a 15in wheel. Like your tranny its going to take some mixing of parts to get it to work. Sorry I could not provide more info but I hope I at least provided an idea of where to start.

Yo attarix, first off thanks for the info on the tranny and what shim you used. That will save a lot of headaches down the line.

As for your question, I dont know of any aftermarket brake kits that will allow a 13in wheel. Now our previous year civics like the eg rotors and calipers do clear 13in wheels. I have been putting some thought into myself but I have not went through with it because the size slick I want to run fits on a 15in wheel. Like your tranny its going to take some mixing of parts to get it to work. Sorry I could not provide more info but I hope I at least provided an idea of where to start.
    I've actually done quite a bit of looking into this. It seems like even with a 15x8 wheel. Using a 24.5x8.5 or 24.5x9 slick on very low psi will do the job. From what I've seen on a 15" is that it will just take more finesse with the clutch on launch since it appears not to grip as quickly as a 13" slick would. Then I started to factor in things like weight, with the Ep being heavier than an eg/ek/em1 and older chassis', 15's start to look like an ok alternative. From what I've looked up, investing that kind of money into being able to run 13's isn't worth it yet, unless after enough track time I can blame the tire and rim size to be at fault from getting good times.

I already have 24.5x8.5 in slicks on 15" Rpf1s, which I cant wait to run lol. I think you will be fine with a 15" rim, now if your are really having trouble getting that launch (which you probably will with 700hp lol) I would look into the hondata traction control. I plan on running that in the very near future.

I already have 24.5x8.5 in slicks on 15" Rpf1s, which I cant wait to run lol. I think you will be fine with a 15" rim, now if your are really having trouble getting that launch (which you probably will with 700hp lol) I would look into the hondata traction control. I plan on running that in the very near future.
    I've been iffy with traction control. It takes power away from the engine to gain traction. At least that was my understanding of the description. I would hate to compromise more power. The 750-800 I expect, is to be at full boost in 4th gear. I'm going to hope that 1-3 using boost by gear and only making 500hp roughly on lower psi will be the same deal as traction control only not as on demand. None of this is set in stone. Once it's up and running, it will be nothing but trial and error and seeing what works, what can be improved and all that fun stuff.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information